My 3 oldest kiddos are all in school now. Mia and Jackson started just after Labor Day and Cole just started too. I could have gotten a little emotional but I held it together.
Poor Jackson has to be bused to another Elementary school about 1 mile from what would be his regular school because they were full in all the classes and there weren't enough kids to make another class. It has been interesting for him and a bit dishearYN tening in some ways. He does go with some kids from church. He got a few warnings at school about paying attention and a few times on the bus for being too loud. We are trying to keep things very positive for him and focus on the good. He just has that "I am so bored" personality even though he is really having fun. It will be interesting this year. I really wish he had all day Kindergarten. If I were rich I might send him.
Mia, my amazing girl, has taken to her new school like a champ. I am waiting for something to go down that will make life difficult but she is making friends easily. Riding the bus isn't her favorite if she doesn't have someone to sit by but she is really used to having a best friend by her side. She doesn't have that this year, yet. It will come. She is just so friendly to everyone in her class.
Cole was very excited that he was going to be able to stay and play at school instead of just meet his teacher and get a sneak peak at all the fun. I am excited for the kids and myself too. I ran to a doctors appointment for Norah while the three were in school so I didn't get to soak up the silence at home like Colin did but maybe another time. Also, Norah started solids. Well, if you can count runny oatmeal as "solid". She seems to like it.
Norah went to see the ENT doctor. She had a hearing test and passed. Her tonsils are big for a baby her age so we will probably be taking them out just after the new year. I can't think too much about it because I get all nervous just because of the anesthesia and its effects on children with PWS. We have lots of time to get informed, thankfully.
Cole turned 3 and had a party at home with his VanderLouw cousins and a group party with the Cazier, Wright and VanderLouw cousins. We celebrated lots of August birthdays with my family. We have quite a few.
Jack and Mia started soccer. Mia has had a few practices and is pretty timid about getting in there and Jack's team has not practiced yet. Colin is going to be the assistant coach since he seems to have an abundance of free time, much to his dislike. I keep him busy with things to do and he never complains. We have yet to hang any pictures. Maybe tomorrow. We have some pretty full days throughout our week and I am working on nailing down a schedule. So much fun. I really am enjoying having a schedule again. It's the adjusting to it that hurts.
Happy 3rd Birthday Cole!
We love you so much you crazy little guy!
So happy to be going to school too!
Jackson and Mia on their first day!
Can't forget this little ham bone!
Mmmmmm oatmeal cereal!
1 comment:
RE: Jack's school warnings - Sounds like he took a lesson from cousin Colby. The smart ones always stress the teachers out.
Beautiful children, beautiful family. Keep up the good work Mom and Dad.
Grandpa
Post a Comment