Saturday, January 29, 2011

One Week Old






Oh, my little Norah is already a week old in these pictures. I just can't believe it. It seems like she just got here yesterday but has also been here even longer. She is just so sweet and precious, cuddly and beautiful! She is such an angel, hardly cries and when she does it is just squeeky. I have to get it on video! It's been a rough week as far as adjusting to this new little person in our lives goes but we will get there. If only I could stay awake to feed her at night. She is not latching or nursing right now so I am pumping and giving her a bottle. It still takes a good 30 min for her to suck down 1.5-2 ounces. I went and got faster flow nipples today. We have been to lactation twice and are working on the sucking. She just falls asleep so easily! She will go one 5 hour stretch at night and that has been nice. The pumping in the night isn't as nice but I know she really needs my milk at this point. I do get to nap during the day and I am certainly tired enough to sleep hard at night.

I am feeling good. I was a bit skeptical after I got home that I would feel this good this soon. I did the dishes today and did some light vacuuming. Nothing big. I was a bit beat after that. I have a new respect for any woman who has had a c-section and an even greater appreciation for those who have had to have more than one.

I have been so blessed to have my mom to take care of us. Colin has filled in where needed and there has certainly been a need. I am so lucky to have all my needs, as well as my families needs, taken care of. Thank you Mom! Thank you Colin!

Lastly, which is worse - the 2 year old without a nap at 5pm but who goes to bed at 7, or the 2 year old who has napped but won't stay in bed at 8pm?


10 comments:

CMS said...

Lori, I feel (or felt) your pain. It is pretty tough, I actually had to go back to work on day 8- standing up, lecturing, in addition to 6 3 hour labs...No "leave" at all was awful. I am pretty sure I am still recovering from that ;-)

Norah does not look like a newborn at all though, so that is a definite up-side to a c-section, she has a perfect head and face and no bruising, just gorgeous.

It gets better, but it is a process. Asher is not a napper either and it gets pretty fun around melt-down time for all of us. He has been spending a little time in time-out every single day.

:-)

I hope this is an awesome week!

Janelle said...

How about a two-year-old who needs a nap but not until 4:30 or 5:00 and can't be kept awake then, but won't go to sleep until 10:00pm?

Colin & Lori said...

Ahhh, two year olds. Sounds like my woes are like those of other mom's. Man what a fun stage this is.

Jason and Dana said...

Yeah, a few months ago my 2 year old stopped taking naps (or I stopped giving them?) because she wouldn't go to sleep until 10 or 11 at night, and I would so rather have a good 3-5 hours to myself at night, so she goes to bed at 7 with the other kids instead of taking a nap.
Since we started church at 11 she has fallen asleep every single ride home from church though, so Sunday nights are always a taste of what it would be like to have her still napping.

Norah is so beautiful! I'm so glad to hear you aren't in much pain. I'm sorry about the nursing issue. :( I've never had much luck. We're thinking about you all! Tonight Lilia said she wanted to name her baby Norah, haha.

Jessi said...

I think *I* wanna name my baby Norah...she's so beautiful! I think she looks a lot like Colin! hehe.

Oh, 2yo....I think the one who whines/cries/carries on til 7pm is the worst!!!

SO glad to hear that your recovery hasn't been as bad/painful as you thought it would be. :-)

Marilyn said...

Congrats! She is beautiful! I love the pictures with her arms up. It looks like she is already enjoying life.

Marilyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

Lori Congratulations!! She is beautiful and so tiny! Sorry you had to have a c-section, but as you said in a couple posts ago sometimes you just have to do the harder thing on you to make sure your little baby is safe. You're awesome! Hope the recovery goes well and that she gets the nursing thing down soon! And don't worry you can always have a VBAC if you want another one:)

rebeccaV said...

Oh Lori, she is so beautiful!! I can't wait to meet her! I'm so glad that you are feeling so good, from what I hear c-sections are a tough recovery. That is a tough call on the nap thing. Sometimes you just need a break during the day, like really bad. But you also need them to go to bed and NOT get up! Maybe let him nap on days that Colin will be home at night and let him deal with it :)

Colin & Lori said...

Becky, I like your idea! He is more of a daddy's boy lately!