I went in this morning for the version. It was so very painful and Norah did not want to move AT ALL! So breech she will probably stay unless we have a miracle happen. I am bummed a bit that it will most likely end up in a c-section but that is life and I am just happy that my family will be here to take over for three weeks. I know I won't be 100% by then but I will be very close. Thank you everyone for all your thoughts and prayers for us. The c-section is scheduled for the 20th later in the day.
5 comments:
Lori--Just try to tell yourself that your c-section might be nothing. You could bounce back very easily. Everyone is different. Don't be too sad, seriously! It's not worth feeling bad when someone so wonderful is about to join your family! Try to have only happy thought and you will have happy pills to help you feel good!
Sorry to hear it didn't work. The one thing I can say about c-sections though is that they are quick1 :) You don't have to go through hours of labor. I tried to do a v-bac with my second, but it didn't work so by the time they took in for the c-section, I was so tired and worn out. Not fun at all. With the 3rd the c-section was a bit nicer because I knew when it was and we just went to the hospital and did it.
Glad that you will have family there to help for a couple of weeks. That is the best.
lori---have you had c-secs before? our first was a c-sec...i have had the others v-bac. if you can't pray little miss norah (LOVE her name by the way!) to move, pray for a great c-sec! :) they are quick, easy, and even though the recovery is longer, it goes by fast. you will do great! remember---that little girl is healthy and strong and she will be adorable just like your others! good luck.
Thank you all for your reassurance! I know I will get this great gift in the end and she will be healthy.
Lori,
I had Valerie after 4 days of 1 minute apart contractions by c-section and then Asher by c-section because of pre-ecclampsia. I was 20 when Valerie was born and it was not "fun," but I bounced back very, very quickly. We lived on the 3rd floor of an apartment building and I did fine with the stairs and all. The worst was sneezing and getting out of bed, but in about 7 days, I really was fine.
With Asher, I was released 44 hours after my c-section because he was so sick and my Dr wanted me to be able to be in the UVA NICU with him. I thought I was going to die, I was so sore and I have a really high tolerance. That being said, because things were so crazy with Asher being at UVA, Valerie at school an hour away, etc., I never had anything stronger that motrin once I was released from the hospital and was actually back to teaching, full time, with a 12 hour day 8 days later, sooo....
It really is not completely terrible. You are lucky to have lots of help and to be able to relax. That is the best. I hope everything is perfect next week and that she will bless your heart so much.
Also, one major plus... no squishy newborn face ;-) I always loved Valerie and Asher had perfectly-shaped heads and no facial bruising from birth. That really is a blessing too.
Post a Comment