Monday, January 10, 2011
Little Miss Norah
Colin and I went to the doctor today to see about this baby girl. She's still breech. Go figure. I am scheduled to go in Thursday, January 13th, to see if she will turn and stay. If she does then I get to go home and wait for labor, or the 19th, to be induced. I am dilated 2cm. Not that that means anything, really. If she won't turn and stay I think he will go ahead and do a C/S. If, while he is trying to turn her, my water breaks or the placenta pulls away from the uterine wall I will have to have the C/S right away. I am pretty sure that is what he told me. I had it all straight while we were talking with him, Colin too, and now we have gone over it, trying to work out details and such, that I may have some of it wrong. Well, the only part I am not sure of is the details on if she won't stay turned that day. I will have them all worked out before he begins the ECV. The nurse did tell me that if I have a C/S he will do a little tuck so I don't get that little pooch. There is an up-side to everything, right? Well, here's to hoping for the best! Now I need to go make a list of the things to get done before Thursday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Oh great...what is a "that little pooch?" I probably have one. I don't think I've had a tuck with any of mine. Now I'm curious!
Firstly, I LOVE her name...did I miss something and you've shared it before?
Praying that they are able to safely turn her, that she'll stay that way, and that you'll be able to deliver her without a C/S...but how nice of him to give you a little "tuck". :-)
Ah, the pooch- I have it! I refer to is often as my front-butt :-) I actually asked my Dr to do a tuck and he laughed at me! No kidding! I know that my bishop (also an Ob/Gyn) does them on the c-sections he performs too. Lucky, lucky.
I am hoping all goes well. This whole business sounds all sorts of crazy fun at the last minute. Good luck. I am sorry it is so crazy, but you are amazing, I am sure that everything will fall into place easily after whatever happens happen.
Good luck, Lori and Colin!
we keep praying from our part of the country. i am still very anxious to see this darling little girl. we are also praying that you guys will be feeling peace whatever happens.
Oh Norah, your entrance into the world won't be forgotten! Kind of scary, but I'm sure you will all be fine. Thank goodness for modern medicine. Is there any chance your doctor will let you deliver breech? Good luck Lori, I'll be thinking of you all day and praying for all of you!
Tell Norah that all my grandkids come into the world head first, and that then defines their attitudes about life thereafter. Just tell her that. She'll get on board. Also, we'll keep praying, just in case she doesn't figure it out. Can't wait to meet her!
Grandpa C.
Post a Comment