Monday, January 3, 2011

Baby Update

I went to the doctor today. He confirmed what I thought, the baby is still breech. She's just found a comfortable position and is staying there. There is still the possibility that she will turn before next Monday's appointment. If not, since I will be 38 weeks on the 14th, he wants to go ahead with the ECV on the 13th. They obviously don't want to do it before then because if I go into labor or my water breaks then we risk having a premie. If we wait until the next week, the 20th, we risk the baby being too big and difficult to turn. So, we just need this little girl to turn before the 13th so she can stay in there one more week. Then, when Colin has time off and my parents are here, we can have a natural delivery like we have planned all along. That is my prayer anyway.

5 comments:

David and Debby said...

Prayers are good. In addition to yours and ours, you'll have lots more, backed by the faith of many when we put your name on the temple prayer roll tomorrow.
David

David and Debby said...

we are praying for you too, lori. can't wait to see that little darling!

Leslie said...

we'll be praying for you too. can't wait to meet little norah. :)

CMS said...

Ugh. That is noooo fun at all. Wow, timing really is something, isn't it. I will be the first to say, preemies are scary. I am terrified of them since my friends' babies (25 weekers) and Asher (35). So, we will be praying here for you things are as smooth and "easy" as the last three!

Unknown said...

I saw your link on your facebook page. Your kids are adorable! I hope all goes well with this baby and that you don't have to have a c-section. They are not fun at all. I have to have them with my babies. Your sewing projects are awesome and cute and you look great pregnant.