Monday, December 27, 2010

BREECH BABY

I went to the doctor today. They used the ultrasound to check and see if she is head down. He was sure baby was head down two weeks ago. Well, she is not, yet. That was my prediction. I haven't had the usual feet in my ribs yet. I know there are a few exercises I can try. Now that I will be going every week they will check with the ultrasound to see if she has turned. I have about 24 days to go. If she hasn't turned by then they will try an External Cepahlic Version. In other words, they will try and turn her from the outside. I watched a few You Tube videos and the women don't seem to be uncomfortable. I don't know the success rate. My doctor said the baby isn't that big, under 7 lbs, so it should work. They will then put me in labor. I suppose if at that time she doesn't turn they will do a C-section. Not high on the list of things I ever want to do. Just pray for us, please.

5 comments:

Crystal said...

Lori~

I am sorry to read this. Ugh. My prayers will be with you, for sure. I have had two c-sections and the pain is really awful- especially if you have to go to work 8 days later- but after the first week, it is not that bad. The worst for me is that the incision makes the fat deposition really weird and the belly never goes away unless it is surgically done. I am wondering if she will be able to go back to breech if she is turned? I think that happened to my friend last summer ( I get to meet the baby tomorrow! YAY) and she went from having a home birth to having a c-section. Ugh, Ugh, Ugh. There are worse things, of course, but surgery is definitely not fun. Good luck, I will be checking this lots.

PS- your Dr is really nice letting you be induced so early, that is unheard of here... only 40 weeks or later

Colin & Lori said...

I do have a great doctor! If the ECV works they will put me in labor right then, if not, I don't know. I suppose they would do a CS that day or the next to keep me from going into labor. Sometimes the ECV can get labor started.

rebeccaV said...

Oh no! We will say some prayers for you. I'm so thankful for modern medicine, though. 100 years ago a situation like this could've been lethal for you and baby, we've come a long way since then! A cs is definitely not ideal, but as long as she gets here safe and healthy and you are safe and healthy it will all be fine! Can't wait to meet her!

Kellie said...

I'm sorry, Lori. We'll keep you in our prayers. When do you go in for the ECV?

Leslie said...

You're in our prayers too!! Can't wait to meet baby Norah!