Monday, November 29, 2010

Charity

Over the Thanksgiving holiday I was reading from the General Conference issue of the Ensign (a magazine our church publishes). I began reading a talk given by President Thomas S. Monson, the Prophet of our church, titled Charity Never Faileth. It was inspiring, uplifting and straight to the point. I learned a lot from it and loved the following quote from President Monson:

"Charity is having patience with someone who has let us down.
It is resisting the impulse to become offended easily.
It is accepting weaknesses and shortcomings.
It is accepting people as they truly are.
It is looking beyond physical appearances to attributes
that will not dim through time.

It is resisting the impulse to categorize others."

I needed to hear/read his words.

3 comments:

David and Debby said...

We all needed to hear these words. Thanks for sharing Lori.

David and Debby said...

i really love how positive president monson is. he is always reminding us to love people better. what a great prophet he is. thanks

CMS said...

He has always been my favorite. I think the talk from the Relief Society Broadcast was just perfect.