Sunday, November 14, 2010

Happy 7th Birthday Mia!





It's been such a great experience having Mia in our lives. She is an amazing daughter, big sister and friend. I find myself asking her opinion about things more and more. She gets excited about cute baby things with me and if she had her way she would buy her baby sister anything she could. It is fun for me.

I am often reminded of her when I read the "If You Give A Mouse" books. She can go from one project to the next quicker than I can change a baby diaper.
There are little traces of her throughout the house every day.

Mia is very motivated to learn, read, write, bake and craft. She gets a bit of resistance from me, I get tired of the messes, but it doesn't stop her. She is always coming up with a new way to create something for someone. She writes me notes all the time to tell me how much she loves me. She still holds my hand and loves to sit by me and on my lap.

Friends are very important to Mia. She's devoted but is also learning that she doesn't have to do or agree with what they say or want. However, she sometimes thinks that she can disagree and not do what I say. She is not a pleaser and that is good too.

As a big sister Mia is great and then some. She loves her brothers and I can rely on her to keep Cole happy. I hope she doesn't forget about him when her baby sister gets here.

Mia, Mom and Dad love you so much and are so happy you are a part of our eternal family. Happy Birthday girl!

8 comments:

David Chipman said...

Happy birthday Mia!!! I hope your birthday was wonderful and full of happiness.

abbynormal said...

And your aunt Abby loves you too!! Happy birthday to my favorite little girl in Ohio.

David and Debby said...

Mia, we are so proud of the mature young woman you are becoming. Be sure to always listen to your Mom and Dad and follow their instructions, and everything will go well for you. We are very excited to have you move closer to Idaho. It will be so fun to see you more often.

We love you,
Grandpa and Grandma Croshaw

Jason and Dana said...

What a sweet girl Mia is!! I can't believe how much she's grown up so quickly!! She is probably going to be the best helper ever when her new baby sister gets here! You'll be able to depend on her so much.
Happy Birthday Mia!!!!

David and Debby said...

mia, i love you, i love you, i love you!!!!

love,

grandma

Leslie said...

Happy Birthday, Mia! I hope you had a really special day. Come visit us soon in Florida. ;-) Love you!!

rebeccaV said...

Awww, happy birthday Mia! I can't wait until you move close to us, then we can see you all the time!!

PS: Lori, I totally hear you on the messes *sigh*

CMS said...

I am sorry I missed this post, Mia. You are such a sweet girl. I have a very special and real place in my heart for you. I remember when we first met, you snuggled right up to me and let me read and read and read to you. That was the best. I hope seven is awesome! Some time, you should come visit us, Valerie and you can make cake pops- she is very good at making them and will teach you well.