Thursday, September 23, 2010

Nesting

So, I have been blessed with early nesting symptoms and am very happy about it. I am pretty sure I would have no motivation otherwise. Maybe it is because I want all the things in the house DONE before the baby comes and the list is so long I should have started last year. I want to enjoy the time after the baby and not have to worry about painting and de-junking/deep cleaning and organizing. I want it DONE, DONE, DONE! A few weeks ago I wrangled Colin into the storage side of the basement for some organizing. I think I told him I just wanted to move around a few boxes and get to the baby things but I knew he wouldn't stop until it was organized and clean. I was right. We threw things out and cleaned things up. It looks so nice. It is so nice to go in there now. We separated all the baby boy and girl things that were mostly in random diaper boxes so I could go through them. What I thought might take me a week took me two days. I just couldn't leave it until later. It's all done and all the diaper boxes are GONE. Well, they are still in the van to go to recycling but that is beside the point.

The playroom half of the basement was quite a sight also. Toys everywhere and it really needed the painting finished. It's all cleaned, vacuumed and painting has resumed. It's slow but there is not a lot to finish.

The next job will be the dining room. It has been painted twice since we moved in but I have never felt settled on the colors. I am going to just paint it neutral, like the rest of the house, and be done with it. Too bad I won't be done with it all. There is lots of trim painting to be done which I hope to work on consistently over the next 4 months as well as getting rid of stuff and preparing to move. After that, well, I just don't know. My biggest fear is that this baby would come early. There is no reason for that at this point. In fact, my doctor told me to come back in 5 weeks instead of 4 since I am so low risk. It's just so they can do the glucose test at the same time.

I hope at this rate I can accomplish all that needs to be done at a reasonable rate. If anyone feels so inclined you can come over and paint with me.

5 comments:

Colin & Lori said...

mmmmmmm, Glucola.

Jessi said...

YAY for early energy! As you know these last 18 weeks (or less) will go by FASTER than you think. Good job on getting a good start on your tasks. I feel like I've been trying to organize the same space since we moved in two years ago....ugh!

Have any names on the list?

Alex Esparza said...

i am very impressed lori. i don't know if i ever went through any of that.

Alex Esparza said...

this is debby

Colin & Lori said...

I was wondering about Alex for a minute there.