Mia and I were so excited for the first day of school. She didn't get the teacher she initially wanted but she got the teacher that I wanted. I would have been happy with either. We have butted heads for the past few weeks and were both in need for school to begin. I just can't get over how cute she is and how much she has grown. That short and sassy haircut suits her personality just right. It was a HOT morning and I had Jackson and Cole with me. They just wanted to go play on the playground. I think she wanted to be nervous and have me go in with her but she was too excited. I love her independence. It has been pretty darn quiet here the past few days and I am loving it! Now if the weather would cool back down. We had 70 degree weather last week and even though it felt chilly in the mornings it was so welcome. There is not A/C at school and I have no idea how kids can learn in humid 90 degree weather. I love you Mia and am so proud of you! I am sure you will have a great year!
7 comments:
I loved first grade soooo much! Mia looks quite different from the little girl on the side of your blog. She has really changed a lot in the last year! I hope it is an amazing year and that you and Cole have lots of snuggle time!
Wow!! first grade. i hope you have a wonderful year, mia. your teacher is so lucky to have you in her class. you are such a sweet, smart, cute girl. i love you. grandma
Mia looks so grown-up! I love that she wanted to be nervous, but was too excited. It reminds me a little of Megan. I knew she was excited, but she acted like she didn't want to let me go.
I agree about the heat in the classrooms. It's much too hot in there.
And that is awesome that Jack is loving preschool! I hope Jeremy does on Friday. . . .
No AC?? That is crazy! Mia you look adorable and I know you are going to have an awesome year!!
I have never met a child for whom smiling is such an innate characteristic. I think she must have been smiling when she came out of the womb. She's going to do very well in a world that needs more happiness. I can't believe she's going to real school.
Grandpa
Hah, that was what stuck out to me too Becky! NO A/C!?? That's just crazy talk.
Mia is so gorgeous. Seriously! I love the short/sassy haircut! What a great girl.
aaaaaaaand, I can't wait to hear the news tomorrow!! Are you guys going to keep it a secret so you can tell us in person? I hope not! :)
Post a Comment