Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Jackson's First Day of Pre-K


Jackson was aksing to go to school at least a week before it started. This was a great surprise for us because last year I think every school day he said he didn't want to go. This year he is with friends from church and his class is all boys. The other day he said, "There are no girls allowed at my school. It's just for boys." I think it is just like a two hour play-date for him. He loves his friends and his teacher. I am so happy that he is happy there. One of the best parts for me is that it is not more than 5 minutes away. I take Jackson to school, make the loop back towards home and drop Mia off at her school. It probably takes me 15-20 minutes. It's great! He brings home homework and is so anxious to get it done. He is learning fine motor skills and is eager to color. When we bought Mia's school supplies it was BOGO so Jackson got his own box of crayons, scissors, markers and a notebook. He really felt special and a bit more grown-up, I think. He's just growing up so fast.


4 comments:

Crystal said...

What a grown up boy. I can hardly believe it though! Time has really flown by.

David and Debby said...

jackson, i wish i could have been there to see your first day. you are such an awesome boy. i am so proud of you and hope you learn tons this year. i love you. grandma

David and Debby said...

School for boys only - how great would that be? At least until you turn about 10, and then it would not be cool any more. Hang in there Jack. You've pretty well got it figured out.
Grandpa

Jason and Dana said...

I totally love Jack's shirt. What a cool kid!
Eva starts next Tuesday......and I'm not even going to be home in time to take her to her first day or preschool. :( But I'll be able to pick her up.