Aren't diapers amazing?!
One Saturday my friend called and suggested we take the kids on the train. It usually costs $15 per person 3 and older but if you took some canned goods it was only $5. We got a little lost on the way there and thought we wouldn't make it. Luckily for us the train was delayed and we were there in plenty of time. It was a beautiful day and so we got off at the stop with the lake. The kids headed down for the lake first thing and before we knew it they were trying to swim. I stripped Cole to his diaper and Jack to his undies and they had the best time. Mia really wanted to take her clothes off too but she's just too old. As the kids played and people walked and watched our little group I imagined that they were thinking we were a bit irresponsible letting our kids, mostly naked, swim in this little lake.
We didn't realize that the strange looks we were getting from others was because there was a no swimming sign posted about 50 feet away by the train stop awning. We didn't see it until we were getting back on the train.
Keep scrolling. There's more to see!
6 comments:
The super-absorbant diaper is pretty funny and I have to say, I am shocked, Lori! I would never picture you letting the three in a pond! You rock!
We have a train here that does a fall foliage tour. It was closed last year, hopefully it will not be closed this year.
What a fun little adventure! THat is so funny about the no swimming sign. Oh well. I can't believe Cole is a little walker now! Crazy. He is such a cute boy!
Love the video. That was a fun memory to make. It looks like you and I have been up to the same thing over the past few days, blogging catch up.
I'm glad you got a picture of the diaper close up, boy was that some nasty stuff on such a cute baby.
You're such a cool mom. Even without that "No Swimming" sign, I bet a lot of people wouldn't let their kids just go swim in a lake on a hot day.
What cute, big kids you have! I can't believe they're so big, and that Mia's losing her teeth! She had just been BORN when I met you! :-) Hope all is well for you guys.
You renegades! I don"t suppose being a northern Idahoan had anything to do with that propensity to jump in a lake.?
Grandpa
Post a Comment