Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Kool-Aid anyone?




Today Mia wanted to do a Kool-Aid stand. I was hesistant and didn't really want to put the time in but Colin did most of the work. I helped with the poster. We just got the table, kool-aid and cups out and she already had 2 customers. We only charged 10 cents but one guy paid her 25 cents and the other lady gave her a dollar! She was very excited and the people kept coming. She wanted her friend to come over so I went and picked her up. I was glad I didn't have to sit there. Colin even got the deck umbrella out for them. They still got a bit of sunburn. They stayed out for a few hours. One customer came and got just two cups of kool-aid and gave the girls $5 and wouldn't take any change. It was crazy. All together they made $21. I did take $5 to go get more cups and ice. They want to buy games for their Leapsters. (If you are interested I found them at Target just last week for $35 for the original Leapster. It was $15 offon clearance. Hurry if you want one. I got them for our upcoming travel. Spoiled kids, I know.) We will be having another kool-aid stand on Thursday. I wonder if it will be as successful.

3 comments:

Melanie said...

that is so fun! caleb just did this last week. we were at target to spend his bday money and he realized he needed 7 more $ to get what he really wanted, so I suggested a lemonade stand. I think he made $6.50 in like 30 minutes! It was great! and the kids did all the work, so they earned it! where are your travels taking you this summer?

Ben and Laurie said...

Looks like we chose the wrong fields to go into. Whoever thought lemonade would be so profitable!

Yonker Family said...

Because of this kool-aid stand my daughter now has more money than I do. Thanks for including Molly, she loved it.