Monday, July 13, 2009

Dayton












A few weeks ago, over Father's Day weekend, we spent some time in Dayton with our great friends from medical school! The trip started out a bit crazy!!!! I was driving and I missed my exit. Instead of going to Dayton we were headed to Cincinatti. When we tried to find where we were and how to get back to where we needed to be we took another wrong road, then another. What should have been a 3-31/2 hour trip ended up being about 6 hours. Colin and I were at each others throats, the kids, mostly Mia, kept asking if we were almost there, Bailey had to make a potty stop. Man, that was not a fun experience! We got there and headed off to a baseball game. It was hot, hot, hot!!! The humidity was very high and we were all sweating like crazy. The guys were having a great time but the kids, Kashia and I were not. We walked about 2 blocks to this place where the water shoots up out of the ground. We had no swimsuits or towels but the kids did not care. They also have a laser show over the river. All of a sudden I couldn't find Jack, surprise. Maybe 10 seconds later the lights went OUT!! I was in a huge panic, yelling Jack's name!! We were all looking as fast as we could. There were 6 adults. My mind raced, there were lots of kids and it was very dark! I almost ran to the people putting on the show to bring the lights back on. About 1 minute later, the minute I felt was forever, he came wandering up from the steps leading down to the river. ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!!!!! That boy thinks he can go anywhere and do anything he wants. If I thought the Target incident earlier this year was bad this was that times a million. After that the light show was great, we got to Ted and Kashia's after 10:30pm!!!

The next day was Kylee's baptism. Jack LOVES Kylee because she gives him so much attention and she is so patient with him. Her baptism was so wonderful!! She is a special girl with a wonderful spirit!

We are so glad we were able to catch up with our friends and be there for Kylee!

4 comments:

David and Debby said...

What a fun trip, in spite of the detours. For a kid, there's nothing like running through the water on a hot day - in this case, night.

Cole in the baseball cap is priceless. He's a little outlaw, he is. Can't wait to see them all in a few weeks - and you two also.
Grandpa

Crystal said...

What an adventure! You have such a good attitude. You kiddos are way cute and Jack needs to stop running off! That is so scary! Valerie did that one time in the Gap and I thought I was going to have to ask the police to take her home for me, I was so MAD at her. I think that is the scariest feeling in the whole world!
Anyway, you guys have such a great attitude about things. I am glad it was such fun. Baptisms are always the sweetest thing. I love being there for them and I am always glad I came.

Jason and Dana said...

Ohhhhh, like 3 1/2 hours with kids stuck in a car isn't enough!! That is terrible.
That's so nice you got to go to that baptism!! I'm supposed to go to all the baptisms in our ward for Primary, and the last one was one of our friends so the kids came too. Colby and Eva still mention "Sarah"-the girl who was baptized, whenever we talk about baptism or baptism is mentioned, it really stuck with them, I love it.

Colin & Lori said...

No, he-he-he-he-he's a good boy!