Monday, May 18, 2009
Mother's Day
I had such a wonderful Mother's Day this year! I got to sleep in before church, Colin got up with Cole, the early riser. The kids didn't wake me up until 7:30. I felt so good. Mia made me such a sweet gift at school. She made beads out of Fimo, I think, her teachers baked them and then Mia strung them with little silver butterfly beads in between. It matches the heart lapel pin she made me for Valentine's Day. It is so pretty and I really enjoy wearing it. She is so proud. Colin bought me some earings, one pair from each of the kids and wrote me a wonderful card. Colin made cinnamon rolls too. We went to church where the men taught all the classes, dipped strawberries in chocolate and got wraps from Costco, and we were all able to go to Relief Society and enjoy the lesson. I think I got to take a nap that day. We had a nice dinner and Colin did all the dishes. I could get used to this kind of treatment. Alas, it has been a few weeks and we are back to the mostly evenings on my own with three kids who think that bedtime means act like a lunatic time and see how much you can make your mother CRAZY!!!! Thank you, my loves, for making Mother's Day so sweet and special. Thank you for making me a mother. I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What a nice ward!!!!!! All we got was a kit kat. Woo....haha. It's so nice not doing anything at all for one day out of the year.
a belated happy mother's day lori. you are really a wonderful monther and wife. kudos to the whole family for making your day so great. debby
Post a Comment