Saturday, January 3, 2009

Merry Christmas



The golf clubs were a huge hit!! Thank you for the
princess game Grace!
Jack also loves the Bob the builder Scoop!






This year, in our new house, I decided to start a new tradition for Christmas Eve, we roasted marshmallows. Colin lit the gas fire place and we all had a great sticky time! As you can hear, hopefully, from the video, Jack has a unique way of saying marshmallow, he kept calling the chocolate bars hot cocoa. It was really a lot of fun.

Afterwards we let the kids open their jammies, as per tradition. I really do love them all dressed up and they were all so soft and cuddly! We got the kids in bed, Colin left for work just before 10 and I stayed up until 12am. I didn't have to but I got involved in some things. Santa came sometime after I went to bed and left some fun presents. Jack woke up at 6:30 asking for his morning warm chocolate milk and because Colin was not at home yet I kept trying to ignore him so we wouldn't have to go downstairs. It worked until about 7:15 when Colin called to let me know he wasn't off work just yet. I put the gate up at the top of the stairs before I went to bed so the kids wouldn't go downstairs before Colin got home. Thankfully Jack forgot that Santa was coming and Mia was still sleeping. Since the lights were off I took Jack down, got his milk and went back upstairs. He didn't notice a thing. Mia woke and Colin got home about 10 minutes later. It was a great day, we missed being with our family! Hope you all had a nice Christmas too!

5 comments:

Yonker Family said...

The PJ pictures are so cute and little Jackie is just such a sweetie with his hot cocoa. It's great that Colin got to at least spend the day with you guys, even if he was exhausted from working all night.
It looks like a great Christmas.

Jason and Dana said...

Cool Idea, roasting marshmallows on the fireplace. I will have to steal that one.
Jason

rebeccaV said...

Fun!! I can't believe how grown up Mia looks!! Jack still looks like a little kid to me but Mia looks so old!! Grace called marshmallows "marshbiellows" for the longest time, it kindof made me sad when she started saying it right! We missed you guys on Christmas, can't wait until we can all be together again!

Anonymous said...

Wow Mia's hair is so long! Cole is so long and Jackson can say Marshmellow for as long as he likes!!! SOOO cute!

Colin & Lori said...

I could watch and laugh at this video of Jack all day. I also didn't realize the Big Snort in the background, aka Cole.