I have been meaning to blog about our fun adventures all month now. Since I didn't get it done as it went by it gets to be put all together now.
We carved our pumpkins early this year, too early. We went away for a few days and left them in the house. Mia's was very moldy on the inside and Jack's was starting to wilt. They had a great time carving though. Mia helped Colin pick out all the pumpkin seeds to toast. The kids loved to snack on them. They did a great job!
We then went out of town to Virginia. We love it there! Matt and Crystal blessed sweet baby Asher. I have no idea how my sister-in-law does it. She is a mother of two and teaches at two different higher learning institutions. My brother-in-law works nights at a very difficult job and they hardly get to be together as a family. They are great at making it work!! I really commend them on their efforts. We were also with Abby and Mom and Dad Croshaw. Colin and I took Jack and Mia to a children's museum, met some friends from Blacksburg at an apple orchard, visited and stopped at IKEA on the way home. It was so nice to get away for a few days and even better to see family. The longer we are away the more I want to get back to Idaho to be close to most of our family members.
Another weekend we went with our friends to a haunted hayride. Mia was soooo excited and Jack didn't. He was nervous/scared and so he had his hands over his ears the whole time. They had a Curl up and Dye tent and Mia thought it was DIE. We were 3/4 of the way through and she didn't want to go any farther. We went through and she was okay. It took a lot of explaining when it came to the dye part. I really think she thought she might die. It was cute and I am so glad we have had no nightmares because of it.
Our church puts on a Halloween party. It was a week before the 31st. The kids loaded up on candy, ate on it for a week and then went trick or treating and reloaded. They really haven't asked for much lately. I think the novelty wore off. I am going to throw the rest away in a day or two.
Aunt Leslie came out for a few days. It was very nice to see her, we missed Uncle Alex! Seeing so many family members so close together made me homesick when Leslie left. It was very relaxing and always great to have another set of hands. Who wants to come next? We are waiting.
1 comment:
I am so jealous that you guys got to see everyone!! It makes me really homesick...Mia's witch costume is so cute, I love Halloween!
Post a Comment