Monday, November 17, 2008

A little about Mia

My girl turned 5 last week. Where has the time gone? She has grown and matured so much over the past couple of years I can't get over it. She continues to be a wonderful help and loving sister to her baby brother, Cole. Mia loves Jack and would be lost without him most days and others she could just get rid of him. He is learning what pushes her buttons and pushes them often. He gets a great reaction from her. His lot is life seems to be to torture his big sister. A trait in all brothers, I think. Mia thrives in preschool and loves her friends. She has started to really separate roles and sometimes take a step back from playing with boys because they don't like to play "house." She is boy crazy just a bit. The cute thing is that there are a few boys that have confessed their love and interest in marrying her, at least to their mothers and relayed to me. She likes the attention I think. Recently she was invited to a birthday party and she was one of two girls. The boys, ages 3 to 5, wanted to sit by her and expressed excitement in her coming along to pizza. Boys already?

Mia wanted quite the party this year and I guess I gave in. She wanted a Build-A-Bear party and a sleepover. I limited it to 3 friends. She had a blast, stayed up past midnight, got gifts she really wanted and played pin the flower on Hello Kitty. I was exhausted the day after and told her next year we were only having a family party. It didn't help that Colin had to go to some training. We had a fun party!!! She loved it and I think it was all she wanted.

3 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Lori-that cake is ADORABLE!!! And I really loved reading about Mia. I can't believe she's old enough to even know what a sleepover is, let alone want to have one. I guess we just seem SO far from that. Love you guys!

abby and jacob said...

Happy Birthday Mia!! I can not belive how big she is. I remember when we went to the hotel for the AVOMA meeting. How Mia and Abby played together.

abbynormal said...

Of COURSE the boys like her! Look at her! Love the cake, Lori, and Mia just looks darling with the braids.