Sunday, November 30, 2008

Being Thankful

After catching up on some blogs I have been inspired to write about the things that I am thankful for. I know the list could never end so I will try to highlight the most important and recent things in my life.

Everyday I am thankful to my Heavenly Father! I love to think of life in the pre-exsistence! I am grateful that I have this knowledge. I often think of how much I love my own children and then I know that Heavenly Father loves me more than I can ever comprehend.

Everyday I am also thankful for Jesus the Christ. I know he lived a perfect life and that he died so that I can once again return to live with Him again. He is my daily example and when I don't know what to do with my crazy kids I ask myself, "What would Jesus do?" This simple questions allows me to step back and hopefully be a better mom. Knowing Him is such a blessing in my life. I know that he loves me too.

I am thankful for parents who love me and are such great examples. Their decision to serve the Lord has blessed me in ways I have seen and in many I have have yet to realize. The raised me with love and kindness. I am thankful for my sister and brothers who taught me how to get along with others. I know they love me.

I am grateful to be married to my best friend. He is a wonderful, kind, thoughtful and loving husband who helps me everyday. He puts up with my shortcomings and doesn't say anything if dinner isn't ready and the house is messy. I knew the day I married him that I was marrying my soul mate. He continues to strengthen me and help me on my journey of life. He has given me 3 amazing and inspiring children. I know Colin loves me.

Along with Colin came an incredible family the I am so thankful for. I love all of them so very much. I really have the best in-laws a person could ever want. I know they love me.

I cannot think of my children without tears. There is nothing I could say that would do justice to them. With every part of me I am grateful for Mia, Jackson and Cole! I am thankful that I get to have them in my life, for all the things they teach me, their example of forgiveness, for all the times they have forgiven me, that they keep me young and that they are mine forever. I love it when they tell me they love me!

I have wonderful blessings in my life and I am grateful for all of them!

1 comment:

Lauren in GA said...

That was so beautiful! *sniff* I cannot think of my children without tears, either. I love how you wrote about all of the wonderful blessings in your life. So lovely, Lori!