Our little Cole is just growing like a weed. He is in the 90% for his weight. He is 12 pounds 11 ounces and 22.5 inches long. He is filling out and fun and squishy. He is smiling like crazy, sleeping pretty well and Colin said he thought Mia made him laugh last night. He is easy going and loves, loves, loves to be held. I finally found a pacifier he will take, thank you MAM, and figured out he will actually sleep on his back if I swaddle him tightly and give him the binky he likes. I know that sounds like a no brainer but before the new "suckie" as Mia calles it, he wouldn't sleep unless I put him on his tummy. I know, spare the lectures and gasps, I slept Mia on her tummy too and guess what, I even slept on my tummy as a baby. Can you believe we survived?
11 comments:
hahaha...i wonder if mia got "suckie" from Brady? that's what my boys call it (and you can call it "Suckie Blue" or "Suckie red" or whatever color it is, if you need to be specific.
anyway, he is adorable.
no gasps here. all of my girls have slept on their bellies. hard to stop them when they roll over that way! :) plus, i slept from 10:30-4:30 last night! and, i slept on my tummy too, just like you! he is getting so big. it goes by so fast.
MAM all the way for us too. I'm trying SO hard not to let Lilia put any of her fingers in her mouth, and she tries.
Cole is so adorable!!!!! It's like he's all the sudden not a newborn! When did that happen!?!
I am so excited to see Cole in real life so I can get a good look at him. At first, I thought Asher looked like Cole's newborn pictures, now I am not sure. I can hardly wait to compare the twin cousins. I like your new hair color. I need to do mine now that I am not pregnant, but I am not sure what color I should be. Now I am am decidedly half brunette and half blonde. My students comment on it enough to have made me very self-conscious, but what is a mom of a newborn to do...
As for paci- Asher wont take one from me, but he loves it with anyone else. Thank goodness. I am terrified of belly sleeping, but in the NICU, that was not only how Asher slept best, but his breathing was not so labored on his belly either. I just cant do it though, having lost a nephew to SIDS in March. I actually freak out if he turns his head to the side too much. I get up and make sure he is flat on his back and that his head is the only thing turned. I even bought a crib wedge to go in his cradle... like I said, I am obsessive about it, but if Cole only sleeps on his tummy, then he needs his tummy!
Ditto, my kids are tummy sleepers too. I think it is genetic though, Peter sleeps on his tummy every night! You gotta read Alicia's blog, she is really sad today!
What a cutie pie! He is lookie so much like Mia and Jack. I just love his big smiles.
YOUR. KIDS. ARE. GORGEOUS!
seriously!
I love the new sidebar pictures!
I also love the one of Mia with the baby in the carrier. She is a big helper!
Oh man, he is so cute I just want to squish him!! He reminds me of Jack. I love that picture of Mia, too. Grace was so obsessed with Maggie when she was a newborn. I would always tell her that she couldn't pick her up without me in the room, but somehow Maggie was always mysteriously moved from her swing to the couch or something. I miss you guys!!
Wow! he has change so much! he looks so much like Jack
what a bad mom.... i ALWAYS get to the point with each of my kids where they wont sleep AT ALL and deciede in the RARE chance they die of sids from sleeping on their stomachs I will handle it better in the morning after a good night sleep. After I hit that point (usually after abt a month) they sleep on their tummies for the rest of their toddler years.... congrats on finding a binkie he likes though, that makes life soooo much easier!
I love that last picture. Cole's grin is so dang cute.
I survived the tummy thing too!
Post a Comment