
The first week went really well! Jack and Mia were fine every night pretty much. If Jack gets a nap though he's out of bed constantly. This picture is from one of those nights. He would NOT stay in bed and was bothersome to Mia. Colin let Mia go to our bed, she was VERY tired. Well when Jack knew she was in there he wanted to go too. So here you have it. At least they both went to sleep and I just had to move them to their beds. Last night however wasn't so pleasant. Jack woke up at about 10pm and again wouldn't stay in his bed. I don't remember what time it was but he was upside down trying to sleep on my legs when I finally moved him back to his bed. Mia was in our room twice. At 4am I went and laid by her. We woke up at 8am. I am beginning to rethink Cole and Mia sharing a room and putting Jack back in the crib. He was telling me last night that it is baby Cole's crib so I don't think that is a very good idea.
I had another doctor appointment today and my blood pressure was normal again and I had only trace protein in my urine. The swelling has gone down a bit. I have my next appointment in 2 weeks. I will be asking how he feels about inducing if I have progressed at all. With Jack I was dilated to 3cm and 70% effaced two weeks before he was due so I was induced a week early. Colin needs to let work know when he needs time off. I told him his guess was as good as mine. I would really like the baby to come about the 13th. We shall see. Since I have been induced with both kids I am nervous about going into labor on my own. I prefer a more controlled approach.
9 comments:
I have those sheets. The kids sure do comfortable, however I don't see where you fit into all that. With the way the sleeping arrangements are going now you might need to keep that baby in there an extra month just to buy some more time to figure things out. I have to say that Molly and the baby sharing a room hasn't been ideal and if I thought that Dillon would have slept in a room with Molly successfully, I probably would have gone that way. Good luck, it'll work out, it has to.
I was just looking at your goals for the summer. Are you getting your kids to pick up their toys?? I need to know how to make my kids do that.
Love the pool pictures! And it's good your BP was back to normal.
Since putting Eva in a toddler bed, about 2 weeks after we moved here, I wake up almost every single night and find her sleeping on our floor.
We have always had issues when someone moves to a big boy bed at our house...hopefully any climbing out of bed will end quickly at your house. :)
I have no experience here, so I really can offer none. When I was in 7th grade, I shared a room with my two youngest brothers, but since they were way younger, I thought it was wonderful. I love babies ;-)
Just dunno with your situation at all though- will Mia be in pre-school every day in the fall?
Glad the blood pressure and protein are looking good. That is really scary!
As for induction. Valerie was 2 weeks late and finally I was induced and it sure brought on awful contractions, but after 12 hours, I was sent home because I was still at less than one centimeter. The contractions continued for 4 days. Those were four great days for sure... then I refused to feel like that one bit longer and demanded to be taken to the hospital, where I demanded drugs, then an epidural and was still at less than one centimeter with contractions every 4 minutes... Valerie's heart rate started to slow, so I got a c-section. In the end, it was decided Valerie was just too big to even fit into the "birth position" the Dr said when he would check, he could feel her head just floating upward. So this time, it is c-section 2 weeks before the due date. Or the Thursday before my students have Fall break- ah baby through the drive-thru for the conveinence of work. Hopefully one day he will forgive me.
We have that same experience when Elliot takes a nap during the day!! Either that or he won't go to bed until 10 or 11!! Grace and Maggie shared/still share a room and it was no problem. I am totally for induction-it is so much easier to plan for care of the other kids and people visiting and stuff (like Colin's job!!). Elliot and Maggie were both induced (and still huge!) and that is the way to go!
yes...we can sympathize with those nights... I am so sorry. Hang in there! jack will adjust and it will all work out... (good luck!)
luckly i can't remember any of those nights. back to the swimming pix--colin, were you wearing sun screen? hope the sleeping works out quickly for you. you can do almost anything with a good nights sleep. did you know abby is safely home? xoxo
Colin was wearing sunscreen. He has gotten better about that. We did know Abby was home. What a great adventure for her!
Speaking of me. :) Since my flight to and from Asia was such a disaster, we wrote Delta and complained and got a flight voucher out of it. So that extra funding will probably allow me to come see you when Cole shows up! At least for a weekend! Yay!
Post a Comment