Well we did it! Before July 1st we managed to put Mia and Jack in the same room to begin the adjustment. Mia was not very happy about loosing her room to the baby. I am going to try and do something for each side the the room to make it more their own. It will just take some time. I was thinking some decals and paint, something easy but not ghetto. They both slept through the night and Jack was proud of himself that he stayed in his "toddle bed." He started sleeping in it about a week ago and is doing very well! He was a bit upset to see "his" crib in Mia's old room and proceeded to tell me that it was his bed and he wanted to get in it. I did convince him that he was a big boy now, something he is in to the past month, and that a crib was for a baby. He agreed I guess and is okay with it. Amanda, thank you so very much for keeping my kids for so long. It was so nice not to have them as a distraction!!
On another note, I went to the doctor yesterday and my blood pressure was a bit elevated and there was 1+ protein in my urine. I have had a bit of swelling in my hands and feet the past week. My doctor did an internal exam and he said everything was as it should be. He is going out of town in two weeks so he wanted me to come back again in just a week. I am not that worried about it at this point. We will see how next week goes. It seems a little strange to be getting this with my 3rd baby never having it with either of the first two. All things aside, maybe Cole will come a few weeks early, maybe just one.
3 comments:
That's so great you almost have Cole's room all ready! Lilia just barely got into her own room (with Eva), and it's not even close to being done. Both of our other kids were out of the cradle at 2 months, but Lilia was 3 1/2 months before we even had anywhere to put her besides our room.
I can't wait to see Cole! The epi....why can't I think of the term for high blood pressure???? Anyway, I'm sure it's not good for you or the baby, if you have it, BUT you'll get to have him early if you do!!! That's something to look forward to.
Am I making any sense?
(Preeclampsia, I had to look it up because it was bugging me so much.)
Gotta be careful with the signs of pre-ecclampsia. I have a friend who had a horror story with that. She had to have an emergency c-section at 25 weeks or face certain death. That was terrifying. Everytime I think about it, I am very aware that I have seen with my own eyes, a miracle. Isaac survived- he weighed 1 pound, 4 ounces and was 12 inches long- his mom actually called me today.
Anyway, take care of yourself and if you start having migranes or scant urine, go to the doctor. We want you both healthy!!
I love that he calls it a, "toddle bed". So cute!
I am glad everything is okay with you health wise. :)
Post a Comment