Friday, June 27, 2008

And the name is...

Cole Wright Croshaw. I really made up my mind when Becky left her comment about using my maiden name and how she wanted to use Croshaw as a middle name for her next boy. I wasn't sure how I would really like but after seeing it typed I really like the way it looks and sounds. My brother's wives are both expecting boys this year also as well as Colin's brother's wife. That sentence sounds strange but it is almost 11pm.

Oh I can't wait to have this little guy!! I really am so tired most of the time and I can't hardly bear to pick up the clutter because that involves bending so the playroom is a bit deep right now. I am nesting a bit but I really want to paint some furniture first and then get things moved around before I wash baby things. I feel like time might be getting away though. Colin has Monday off so I am hoping to get him to work on it with me. I suppose if he would just watch the kids it could be a few hours of alone time for me if the weather is nice enough.

I swell a bit at the end of pregnancy anyway but with the heat it is worse. I haven't worn my wedding ring in weeks and feel naked without it. My feet arethe most uncomfortable and I really have to watch my salt intake. By the end of the day they feel 900 degrees and are fat. I know, elevate, elevate, elevate. My joints are getting stiff in my hands and hips. Cole is head down, I think, and loves to kick my ribs. It is just a great feeling to feel his little life inside me. I asked Colin if he ever wanted to be the one with the baby in his belly and he said I wouldn't love him as much but I am pretty dang sure I would. If only he could do it for the last 2 months.

Well now the rambling is beginning to get crazy!

6 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I love rambling!!!!!

I really love the name :) And the fact that it is your maiden name makes it even more special.

Jessi said...

I love the name....I think that's the one I voted for, too. :-)

Hang in there....the last 1-2 months are really hard...especially when you have to go through the summer (Josiah was born on 8-13). Find comfort in knowing, though, that it doesn't last forever. :-)

Crystal said...

What a sweet name! I think it is a very good one, indeed. I am excited to meet the baby too- and too see Mia and Jackson. They are especially cute. I am with you on the bending over. I am a full 2 months behind you and already if I drop something (way too often of an occurance) I am like... nooooo! When cleaning up the other day I had just eating and I felt like the bend-over was going to make me vomit. The baby is transverse and way up high with hands low and feet under the ribs too. It makes lots of things fun, but I love, love, love to feel the movements.

I have the feet thing going on this time too. Last night was so bad I could hardly walk. Going to bed after a bath helped drastically, but I was actually scared of toxemia because Asher was so quiet for so long, then all the sudden the feet swelling and my heart was racing... I guess just from my super-long day... I was glad to see and feel relatively normal feet today.

Also, so happy that you have solid funding, no need to move, and a huge weight lifted. I have been praying and thinking of you almost non-stop. What a relief- and in the nick of time too! Isn't it crazy when that happens?

Amy said...

almost done! you can do it... every pregnancy wears your body down faster and faster it seems... i LOVE LOVE the name, it sounds great with the other kids names... YEA!!!!

rebeccaV said...

Love the name!! It's really sad, but my wedding ring still doesn't fit since Maggie was born. I went to see about getting it sized and it would cost me around $100!! I bought another cheapie ring to wear but it just isn't the same. Maybe someday....I will either have an extra $100 or it will fit again!

Yonker Family said...

Awww, sweet little Cole.
Nesting is the best part of being pregnant. Enjoy it while you can, or if you can. Bring the kids over here and enjoy a little bit of quality nesting time.