Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I love a good deal!!


But who doesn't!! I just happened to stumble upon a few that have really made my day. I just decided to go to JoAnn's the other day, I can't remember what for even, and walked by their curtain rod asile. They had some GREAT curtain rods on clearance. I bought a few that I was hoping would work in our house. They were very pretty and good quality. I bought 6 rods, some matching for about $75. I measured the windows a few days after, when we could get into the house, and realized that only about half would work. That was okay though. I took some back and was still able to buy 2 more that would. The living room window is 124 inches wide so we will need a BIG one but we found one at Lowe's we really like. Not on sale though. My favorite deal of the day is a picture frame that is 3 feet 5 inches by 2 feet 11 inches. I saw it the other day and thought it would look great above the mantle. It was normally $100 and I was going to splurge, use my 40% off coupon, and get it for $60. When we got it to the front of the store I saw a crack in the glass on the lower right hand corner. I was so dissapointed because it was the last one they had and I have really wanted something similar to this for a long time. I, of course, was going to ask for a discount or if they could replace the glass. The clerk said she "could not sell it to me unless she marked it down 75%! The words, "I will take it" flew out of my mouth. I think she was surprised. I can get a new piece of glass cut and even if it costs $30 I will still be getting it for less than what I would have gotten it with just the coupon. Can you believe it? I got it for $25!! I am just so excited about it!! I can print most all of the pictures myself except the 8x10 and they aren't expensive. I just have to pick out what pictures I will want to put into it. That will take some time. I will post the finished product when it becomes finished. I am looking forward to new pictures of the kids with Cole. Well anyway, I am sure I have bored some of you to death!




We close on the house tomorrow afternoon. I can't believe it all came together!! Well, I guess we have a day left before it's final. We had our doubts at the beginning of the week. My current house is a idsaster!! I am just trying to "keep up" with the laundry and pack things here and there. We are going to take some loads over tomorrow evening. The kids are acting out a bit but I just can't imagine the uncertainty they may be feeling.




The doctor did not check me on Monday, I really didn't want him to. Colin checked me last night, the joys of having a doctor in the house, and he said I was dilated maybe 1 1/2-2cm and my cervix was soft. It actually wasn't so joyous. I really, really am hoping, but am also doubting, that when he checks me on Monday I will be 3 cm and 70% and maybe I can convince him to enduce me on the 7th, maybe 8th since that is Colin's b-day. Colin has that weekend off but not the next one. Also, our friends would still be in town to help us out. I know however, that I could call anyone from church and they would help if they could. The joys of being LDS! Cole would be about 9 days early. That's not too early. Ahhh, to have my belly room back. I just can't wait!!! I will post Monday's results. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

2 comments:

Jason and Dana said...

Look at everything that's happening to you in such a short amount of time!! How exciting Lori!!!! I can not WAIT to see pictures of Cole!!!!
Lilia was....9 days early I think, I talked my doc into enducing me, and she came out covered in white stuff, but still perfect!

Jason and Dana said...

Oh yeah, and I love good deals too!!! That's an amazing deal with the frame and rods! You're going to have so much fun painting and decorating your new house!!