Friday, June 20, 2008

What? They didn't want us!

I am sorry to say that the Michigan program did not offer us the radiology spot we so desperatly wanted! AAHHhhhhhh, what does the Lord want us to be doing? The age old question. He must have something sneaky in store for us, I just have to keep telling myself that. Thank you all for your prayers and support and please, keep them coming. Colin is looking into a few programs here but not in radiology. We just want to go and do what is right for our family. I can now stop wondering if I should get packing or not.

I only talked to Colin for a moment about it on the phone after he found out so I am sure he is not feeling well mentally about it. I am not sure how I am either but we prayed and prayed that we would be able to accept the will of the Lord now we will be put to the test. I still know that I have so much to be thankful for and He will make it work. Allright, enough said.

9 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

Oh...I am sorry for your dissapointment...I will pray that you find out your answers, soon. :)

David and Debby said...

hi colin and lori,
first of all, you are very cute pregnant, lori.

i can only echo your sentiments. i know He has something in store for you and it is the best thing for all of you. as elder maxwell says, the only thing we can truly give to the Lord is our will. it seems that you have done that. i have to believe and put my faith in the fact that he does love you and he does have a plan, and it really truly will be the best and bring you the most satisfaction and happiness. now we will all pray for that plan to be presented to you. he really truly does love us all so much, and he is aware of our concerns and fears and dreams. i am just praying for your comfort and peace in knowing all this. we love your little family so much. we will be pray, pray, praying. enough from me, too.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Look up the word "strait" in the dictionary. We often look at the straight and narrow path as an absolute path with no deviation but when I learned really what that word meant, I began a new journey to understanding the will of the Father. (NOT that I get it completely or even close!!!!!!!) It may be a comfort to you. If not, know that I LOVE YOU!!!!!! and I believe the Lord WILL reveal his plan to you soon! (I know soon is subjective) Hang tight mama!

Melanie said...

aw, lori, i've been thinking about you guys so much lately! I'm so sorry this didn't work out - something will! it has to! i want to talk to you! maybe i'll send you a big fat juicy email! anyway, keep the faith! talk to you soon.

Jessi said...

I'm sorry to hear that you didn't get good news from Michigan. It's easy to get frustrated with trying to figure out the Lord's plan when it doesn't mesh with what you want to happen. Be patient and hold on to your faith that His plan will be revealed in His timing. It's definitely easier said than done...I'm constantly having to remind myself that His plan is perfect. And unfortunately, I don't always get what I want, when I want it. :-)

Colin & Lori said...

Thank you all so much!! I feel a bit helpless at times but know that we are being prayed for and loved. Even though I have my panicky moments I keep getting that reassuring feeling of comfort. I am just going to keep working hard in preparation of the baby and having some summer fun with my children. Thank you all so much!

abbynormal said...

I think sometimes Heavenly Father puts us in positions where we feel helpless just so that we'll remember Who is in charge. Not that this makes things any easier, but I know that you and Colin have a very clear understanding of that and as long as you remember it, you'll keep getting that reassuring feeling. He is taking care of you. It's just (obviously) not in the way that any of us anticipated. But I've been thinking about you guys a lot and I'm going to keep praying.

Love you!

Amy said...

we keep you guys in our prayers. I am sure whatever happens you will look back and try to imagine if life had taken you in a different path. stay calm, good luck, and keep us posted!!!

Ben, Deb and the P-Man said...

I am sorry for your disappointment Lori. I really believe things will work out and it will all make sense in the long run. I have to admit though I am happy you are not leaving. :) Let's go to the pool together this week. Will you be around?