


Poor Jack. He just can't catch a break it seems. With all of his falling and cutting molars he had to get hand, foot and mouth disease. It all began with a fever Thursday night straight through until sometime Saturday in the nighttime. He was sleeping well enough, maybe waking once. He didn't sleep well Saturday night and woke up at 5am Sunday morning. Colin got up with him thankfully. We figured he had an ear infection so Colin looked in his ears and then in his mouth. That is when we spotted the blister like bumps in his mouth and later his feet. He has big blisters on his feet. Of course, since it is viral, we just have to let it run its course. Mia has never had it but I wouldn't be surprised if she caught it. We think he got it from a play area at a mall. I was there with a friend and her kids and one of them caught it too. Last night Jack woke a few times and then Colin gave him a blessing and he slept the rest of the night. I gave him a popscicle this morning because I have been worried about his fluid intake. He said that it hurt but he managed to eat it anyway. He's had a few today but drank quite a bit of water when we were outside with the hose on. My poor boy!! I must have worn Mia and Jack out today. It is only a little after 6 and they are both asleep on the couch. I love the warm weather!!
3 comments:
Simon had HF&M when he was about Jack's age. It is NO fun! Just wait until Mia gets into school, you will find Kindergarten to be a recking ball to the health of your family! Stock up on Vit C and probiotics! I hope he feels better, the good news is that it goes away!
I agree...the warm weather is good because at least it is wearing my boys out!
It is really cool that you have a hubby that can diagnose your sick kiddos :) !!! Hope Jack feels better, now!
Poor boy. That looks so miserable. At least the weather is great and you can get his attention onto better things.
Post a Comment