Thursday, May 22, 2008

Mother of the Year follow-up.

Mia and I were talking on the way to school today about how she only has 5 days left but on the last day she will be having a class beach party. She asked me if I was going to come. I said both Jack and I were going to come. She said, "I think you will forget again." I promised her I wouldn't forget and that we would be there. She then suggested that I talk to her teacher and get a note from her to put in my purse so I won't forget. She's a funny one and I think I am almost over the guilty feelings. I am so glad to hear that I am not the only one who has done such a thing. I am sure it won't be the last.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

You should ask her to make you a reminder to put in your purse. That would be pretty awesome and a closure for both of you ;-)

Mia is just like Valerie. I tell ya.

Colin & Lori said...

We received a copy of the music observation from friends at school and the whole time Mia is trying to find us in the audience. It made me sad all over again!

Lauren in GA said...

She is so cute! She just wants to be helpful in getting you to remember ;)

I am really proud of you for being so honest in your posts. Some people only post the "perfect". When Mia reads this in years to come she will know how hard you tried to be a fantastic mom and that you ARE a fantastic mom! Then she won't feel so horrible as a parent if she forgets the time for a school event or something.

De Oliveira's said...

So cute. I love the picture of the two together. They are so cute together. Have you explained to her that being pregnant gives you special permission to forget everything.