Wednesday, May 21, 2008
Jack,...
If you run over to the swingset we will have to go into the house. Jack, if you go over there we will have to go in the house. Jack, if you go behind the garage we will have to go in the house!! My little Jack, who isn't little anymore loves, more than me almost, to be outside even if it is 50 degrees out and raining. I think he prefers it if it is raining. One day I helped him discover puddles. He is obsessed now. Anyways, he is also obsessed with Nacho Libre and asks to watch it on a daily basis. He is two and terrible at least 1/2 the day, off and on here and there, if he doesn't get his own way. He doesn't stay in time out. I even tried a gate and tonight he climed over it, it fell and he got hurt. He was throwing food. Before that he was taking drinks of milk from his sippy and then letting it run out of his mouth, down his shirt and into his booster seat. Unfortunatly the little girl I take care of was amused and started doing it too. Thankfully she had a bib on. I was very unamused!! I think between Colin and me we have told Jack to NOT DRINK THE TUB WATER at least 50 times per bath or he would have to get out. This morning was no exception and I got him out. He threw a 15 minute fit about it. After about 5 minutes I just put him in his bed, left the light on and walked out. I had to difuse just as much as he did. Later this morning I showered and he came up and starting throwing a fit about wanting a shower. I had to put him in his crib again. I am so glad he can't crawl out and doesn't even attempt too! I am so grateful he took a nap and I got to take a nap too. We were both happier after that. The great thing about being consistent is that it works occastionally. When we were outside this afternoon there were two opportunities for Jack to listen or go in the house and he chose to listen. I gushed over him for his willingness to listen and be such a good boy. I feel like I have put so much energy into him lately. I have to get him sorted out before baby Cole gets here. Thankfully I have about 12 weeks to do that. Oh, Jackson, Mommy loves you!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
I love that story... and i chose Cole Scott, cause i am Crystal Scott and we would have the same initials... Crystal Scott Croshaw, Cole Scott Croshaw (plus all boys want to be Scott, at least that is what they say). It is a cool first/last name thing. Way to go with consistency, I will definitely have to be better with that with Spike. I am such a push-over (not as bad as Matt though).
I understand how you feel...this reminds me of all of my boys at about that age...I used to be amused and mortified at the same time when Adam used to yell at me, "I'm not going to be your Mommy anymore!" when he got mad.
Oh, this reminds me of what I go through on a daily basis with Elliot!! He used to be such a mellow child, he really didn't hit his terrible two's until after he was 3!! Consistency does work, I wish I was better at that, but it is usually a choice between being consistent with Elliot or Maggie falling off the coffee table!! I chose Cole Wright, I love using the maiden name as a middle name, I feel like it is a way to carry on your name. If our next baby is a boy his middle name will be Croshaw.
Are you sure that you haven't gotten Josiah's twin living in your house? Jack sounds JUST LIKE Josiah! And you're right...you put so much effort into being consistent, but then it only works sometimes. AHH!
Oh, and I love the name Cole! 12 weeks is going to go by so fast. How 'bout a belly shot?
I will work on the belly shot. My Mom is wanting a look too.
Great post, Lori. Can't wait to have some of those terrible 2s children someday!
I voted for Cole Scott, mostly because I really like the sound ot it. But also on the Croshaw side...you have Crystal who's a Scott, Grandma Christensen's a Scott and then of course there's Uncle Scott. I like it.
You're such a great mommy. I love reading all these posts. It sort of makes up for the fact that I don't get to visit like I used to!
I like Cole Scott, too. But I do think you should use Wright for a middle name if you get another chance!
Haha, I'm the odd ball, I chose Cole William. I think it just sounds right together.
And I feel for you with Cole. Colby's finally leaving the terrible 2s, most of the time. But....I have Eva just starting!! AHH!
I meant Jack, not Cole on that second part. :)
Post a Comment