




Mother, I love you! Mother, I do! Father in Heaven has sent me to YOU! When I am near you (or living far away) I love to hear you whisper so softly that you love me too! Mother, I love you, I love you, I DO!
Dear Mom, I can't seem to get ahold of you to talk to you this Mother's Day and since I kept putting it off I didn't get anything in the mail either. Are you surprised? I didn't think so. Luckly I still am your kid regardless.
I have been thinking all day about you and all the wonderful things you have taught me and done for me. For example, you taught me to sew, a skill that has been handy all my life. I can remember times when you were helping/teaching me and I would get so frustrated, tell you I needed help even though I wasn't trying very hard to understand and so you would just do it for me. Mia does that now. I am not as nice as you are though. I make her do it still.
One specific time I said something to you when I didn't think you could hear and come to find out you were standing right behind me. I still feel bad about that. I don't think I got punished. The other day Mia was mad at me and she quietly said "stupid Mommy." She got her mouth washed out with dish soap.
You can cook anything wonderful out of just about nothing at all. I wish I would have paid attention more often. I can remember slipping the skin off tomatoes, 10 gallon buckets full of tomatoes and canning them with you. I don't really remember how to can tomatoes though. I never throw away canning lids or give away jars because someday I will be reminded of how to can tomatoes.
I know it is important to support my church leaders because you always taught me that. I can remember alway questioning you about putting the flat sheet on right side down, it drove me crazy but that is how I always make my bed. I never fold the blankets back however so you can see the right side of the sheet.
I could sit here all night and think of all the things I remember but mostly I know that you are a great mother! You love me unconditionally and are always there for me when I just need you to listen. Your testimony has always been strong, even in times of trial. I love you for all that you are and all that you have given to me. Your the greatest Mom I ever had. I LOVE YOU!
2 comments:
Lori,
I'm not your MOM so responding may seem silly but I just wanted to say I love you! I can also feel the love you have for your Mom and now that I am a mom I can see the same little things in my life. YOu are awesome and I miss you terribly sometimes!!!
What a wonderful tribute to your mom :)
I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day :)
Post a Comment