Friday, March 7, 2008

Baby Update

I had my 16 week appointment today. All is well, at least that the heartbeat could tell us. 157bpm. I haven't felt the baby for sure. I think I have but I know I am within completely normal limits of when I should feel movement. I scheduled our ultrasound for March 25th. I think if this baby would have been born in a cold season I would wait to find out if it is a boy or girl but since it is going to be hot, hot, hot I want to be able to plan ahead a little.

I am debating between putting Mia and Jack in the same room or Mia and the baby, but only if it is a girl she said. If anyone has an opinion on this please comment. I am sure whether we are in this house or another it will be 3 bedroom. I think I would really like to put Mia and Jack in the same room and the baby in his/her own room. Let me know what you think.

7 comments:

Lauren in GA said...

I would put Mia and Jack together while the baby is a newborn. That will help each of them to sleep better.

Thanks for asking my opinion ;)

Crystal said...

Isn't that a "girl's" heartbeat?! Mia may have her wish!

Having a baby is so much fun!

I agree- Mia may not get too much sleep at night with a little sister who is hungry at 2 am. Then you will have 2 crying kiddos to contend with.

I think we are going to put the baby in our room until night sleeping is more-established since Valerie's room is right next to the "guest" room and ours is a little walk. Valerie is already oh-so-fun to wake up in the mornings for school.

Colin & Lori said...

Crystal, I am so happy that the pregnancy is continuing. I am sorry you are so sick! When is your due date?

rebeccaV said...

Grace and Maggie are in the same room and it has worked out really well. Grace is such a little mommy to her. She often slept through Maggie's crying during the night when she was still nursing at night, but I was really good, mostly, to not let her cry too long for that very reason. I can't wait to meet him/her!

Crystal said...

I am due October 19- which happens to be right in the middle of the semester... not too sure how that is going to work out, but one thing is for sure, baby comes first.

Things are not as scary as they were 4 weeks ago, but I am deathly ill. I am trying not to talk about it, but it is pretty rough.

It was like this with Valerie too- I just hope this one is not as... strong-willed... as Valerie. I always said I knew I was in trouble because her pregnancy was such fun.

I have an apt Friday, so I will learn more about Spike then.

Jessi said...

Lori, my two cents is to put Mia and Jack together until the baby starts sleeping through the night...you definitely don't want two grumpy babies.

My SIL has a 9yo daughter and 5yo son and that is her plan when daughter #2 joins their family in a few short weeks. In fact, I'm keeping Josiah and "AJ" separate until we have "adjusted" (as much as we can). There will be so much going on already that I can't imagine having to console TWO babies in the middle of the night. :-)

Alison Day said...

My opinion? Put the baby in his/her own room. It will be better for naps and stuff during the days for the kids to be able to play in their own rooms and not feel shut out. It will be better for night wakings too. If your kids are like mine, they will eventually want bunk beds, which we don't have... but they are constantly reminding me that THEY WANT THEM!