Monday, February 25, 2008

I'll deal with it later.


Have you ever chosen to ignore what your child was doing because you knew it wouldn't harm them and they were being quiet even though you knew it was making a big big mess? I did that the other day with Jack. He was sitting at the table with a bowl of apple sauce, I was blogging or reading a blog, he was being quiet, I knew it was going to be all over. I had taken his clothes off earlier because the kids had painted and he had paint all over his clothes. Needless to say I had to change his undershirt and get him dressed again. Ironically he had a bit of a blowout that evening, thank you Colin for cleaning that up, and he had to be changed again. The many joys of motherhood!

3 comments:

Yonker Family said...

I think I must do this on a daily basis. You get to the point where even the biggest mess is worth 15 minutes to yourself. At least applesauce is somewhat easy to wash off.

Lauren in GA said...

Yes! I have totally let my child continue to do something messy and chose to deal with it later....I loved this post...it really spoke to me. If it isn't dangerous, I just let them do it for a moments peace.

De Oliveira's said...

Nice! I love the pictures.