Sunday, January 16, 2011

11 Years Down

A day late, that's my motto! 11 years and one day ago I married my very best friend. Colin has made my life better than I could have ever hoped for. He understands me, puts up with me and still loves me after all these years. I often marvel at how two people stay in love after learning each other's quirks and short-comings. I have plenty, I know. Colin keeps me going when I am so ready to be done with my day or our kids or whatever. He's understanding of my weaknesses. He lets me "do my own thing" when I want to and doesn't complain about my hobbies, pancakes for dinner, a sink full of dishes or having to fix his own lunches for work. I am one lucky girl and I am thankful every day for Colin and all he does for me and our family. Thanks for all of it babe! The good and the bad have made us stronger and I love you!

4 comments:

David and Debby said...

Of Course I love Colin. He's all of what you said, and more, but all things considered, I still think he got the better end of the deal. We love you both, and the offspring? They're the greatest too. Happy anniversary,
David/Dad

Colin & Lori said...

I have always agreed with that Dad. I am the luckiest man alive to find Lori and talk her into marrying me. I would not be where I am today without her. I owe it all to her.
We did almost pull a Becky and Ray. I have been working nights with a front loaded schedule this month because of my time off and Lori realized yesterday afternoon it was our anniversary.

abbynormal said...

Not like this is a sappy post or anything, but it got me emotional anyway. I love you guys!

Leslie said...

I love you too! Congratulations to one of the great couples I know. (Lori, you're still in our prayer!) XOXO!