Saturday, August 7, 2010

Two years old

Well, I have made it to Cole's second birthday. The last six months have proven to be quite challenging for me. I guess I can officially say he has hit the terrible twos. Please, pray for me.

Cole is fearless and the loudest of my three. I didn't know such a loud, ear piercing noise could come out of such a little boy. My little boy who doesn't like to eat any veggies but corn and carrots, if they are dipped in dressing. He is relentless in his ability to make mess after mess. He can be the biggest helper of my three too. If he is in the mood he will pull weeds, push the little wheel barrow, rake and make dirt angels in the loose dirt of the garden. If he drips on the table he will ask for a napkin and wipe it up. He hates band-aids and stickers. He can hold a pencil the correct way. Every word he says has three parts. Dog - Da, da,da, water - Wa, wa, wa. He loves riding on Colin's bike and hates the sound of the vacuum. He loves tractors and has been entertained by the heavy equipment working on our street for the last few months. If he can get his shorts off he does. He will come and find me to show me his shorts around his ankles. He likes to tickle your neck, snuggle before bed and is overly in love with his binkies. He prefers to have two.

Mia is Cole's second biggest fan. She can get him to give her hugs just by faking she is sad. Jackson still doesn't care to be touched by Cole but loves to make him laugh. Unfortunately, it is because he is doing something like making a farting noise. It's always exciting here.

Cole, Mommy and Daddy love you so much. You are an exciting part of our family that we could never do without. Have a Happy Birthday big boy.

3 comments:

Jessi said...

Wow...seriously...how can Cole be TWO?! Happy Birthday big man! Here's to hoping the 'terrible two's' haven't been as terrible as they have been around here. :-)

CMS said...

Happy birthday, gorgeous baby. You really are so handsome!

Lori, I hope he starts settling down a little. I see moments when I think Asher might be. It is sure an exhausting age and I don't care what anyone says, boys are totally different than girls.

It is the fear of having another one that makes me not want any more children. I physically can not handle it too well.

I am super-impressed that you can and you are having another one, honestly just amazed.

Happy birthday to you and Colin as well.

rebeccaV said...

Aww, happy birthday sweet boy! We had so much fun spending the evening with you, and you can always count on me for a fruit snack ;) We sure love you and hope that you can live near us soon!