Thursday, November 12, 2009
Potty Talk
The other day Jack was in the bathroom going potty. The kind where he needs help at the end. He always yells, "MOM, I'M DONE!" So I can then say, "I'm coming!" It has to go just like that or he will remind me. I went in and saw that it was a little more messy than usual and I said, "Ewwhh, messy!" Jack then said, "I disgust myself!" At first it made me sad that he would say such a thing about himself and I flashed forward to his future. I imagined him being sadly insecure. I did tell him he shouldn't say that about himself. I later told Colin and he just laughed. I don't think Jack said it because he was insecure and now when I think of it I laugh. He says things are disgusting ALL the time! Especially dinner, even if he loves it. Crazy kid!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
we parents torture ourselves with thoughts of the future. sigh....
All I could think was... I can not believe he used the right form and TENSE of that verb.
Eh, I would not worry about his self-esteem too much, he definitely does not hang his head- he is pretty much as confident as they come.
Good job on the potty training! That is pretty good.
I am lucky, I got very very fortunate on the wiping and I admit to childish bemusment when I hear "moooooom, come wipe me!" from someone else's child. I had "I will do it MYSELF" child who learned that part pretty quickly... but I have one more to look forward to in a couple years
I have to say that I have disgusted myself in the same way from childhood to the present, but hey, it's a fact of life, disgusting or not. For the longest time as a child, I thought only boys went #2. I couldn't imagine my mother and sisters doing something that gross. I wonder if resurrected beings have such issues? Anyway, Jack's got it all figured out, so he'll be allright.
Grandpa
I'm jealous that he's using the toilet!! Hayden won't go near the thing.
Thanks for the kind comments on my blog. They bouy me up.
Jen
Awww, Jack is so cute! I totally laughed when I read that, but I probably would've had the same reaction as you if one of my kids had said that :) I agree with Crystal, great language skills!!
Post a Comment