Here are some things I learned:
I can see now why people argue against guns, especially handguns. Maybe tighter control in getting a gun isn't such a bad thing.
Alcohol and driving STILL should never mix.
Motorcycles = badness, especially if you are dumb enough to ride them without a helmet, especially if you are drunk.
Driving fast doesn't seem as fun as it used to.
Anything can be used as a weapon.
Being able to walk and move all your extremities are a bad thing to lose.
Old people should not fall. If I live to be 80 I am just going to stop walking.
You don't ever want to have a breathing tube in your neck, trust me.
You also don't ever want to be fed through a tube in your abdomen.
Bicycles are not safe if you are old or drunk, even if you think you are being responsible.
You don't ever want to be run over by an 11,000 pound tractor, seriously.
Seatbelts are still a good idea.
If any of you think you are ever getting a motorcycle, you have another thing coming. I will not allow it.
The brain is a terrible thing to waste, especially to any of the above.
Any of the above are extremely tragic, but they are also really cool and a necessary evil for medical education.I remember why I stopped wanting to be a surgeon. 80 hour work weeks suck. If you were wondering why you didn't hear from me, (especially my wife and kids), now you know.
3 comments:
Colin, I am so, so, so happy to have you around again!! I know the kids are too. We really, really, missed you.
There is a certain, more calm, feeling that is in our home when you are here with us more often. I missed it so very much! You are such a wonderful husband and father. Thank you so much for all your hard work! We pray for you every day at least once and usually more. We love, love, love you!
Wow, you really have to see some scary stuff don't you?! Jason has told me some stories of what he has had to deal with during his surgery rotation and it is pretty crazy...
hey guys! crazy stuff happening there! you make me nervous about bryce riding his motorcycle to and from campus now! good to see pictures of the kids and stuff! hope things are going well!
Post a Comment