Thursday, September 10, 2009

Our cute school boy!

Let's go to school Mom.

"Jack, make me a bear face."

I just want to kiss that kissy face.

I suppose there will be a day when he won't want me to call him that anymore.

Jackson's first activity at school.

He came home with orange pait in the corner of his right eye and in his hair but he did point out that his hands were clean. He had washed them.

Today was Jackson's first day of pre-school. He was excited but you would never know it. He's just like that about things. Especially things that we make a big deal of. We had a conversation in the car that went something like this -

Me: "Jack, are you excited to go to pre-school? "

Jack: "yah"

Me: "Do you want me to stay with you for just a little bit or just leave? "

Jack: "You can just leave."


Plain and simple. He didn't think twice when I dropped him off. It was pretty cute, we were there as the first time pre-school parents were hanging out in the hall looking all anxious and wanting to "rescue" their child. I took Jack in, he washed his hands and picked up the paint brush. I walked out to eager parents who could hear their kids crying, at least two of the kids were crying. I could feel the anxiousness of the parents as I walked out and headed for the door knowing my kid was just fine. It was fun for Jack! He's learning a lot at home about self restraint and consequences. It's taken a few weeks but I think he's catching on. I hope pre-school helps. His teacher did say he was great at cleaning up. Good to know that he can do that when I am not around.

4 comments:

Crystal said...

Cute, cute, cute! It is hard to believe he was just 8 months old when I met him. What a sweetie.

I love the colors he chose to paint with. They are two of my favorites!

David and Debby said...

i believe those are boise state colors! way to go jack. you kind of remind me of your dad. he does not get all excited about things either. what a cute school boy. wish i was there to see you in school. grandma

rebeccaV said...

What a little darlin'!! He is going to go far in life!

Jason and Dana said...

Oh man Jack, can you be any cuter? He's going to be a tough boy. He's so sweet Lori.