Monday, April 13, 2009

Where to begin

We have had a great past week and a half!! It all started April 2 when David and Debby/Mom and Dad flew in for a week, plus a little more, with us. David came to help Colin build a fence and Debby came to do my laundry (thank you so much) and keep the kiddos entertained. We made a to do list and headed off to Lowes. We were there for about 2 hours. Mia, Jack and Cole were angels! I think because we played "Spy" and snuck around finding each other. I love that store! The weather was rainy so no fence work but David dug in to the list of things we wanted to get done around the house. He fixed the chandelier, it was hanging by the cord and not the links, installed a new faucet on the wash tub in the laundry room, it was running hot water, installed a "T" at the drain for the washing machine, put pulls on all the kitchen cabinents ( I LOVE THEM!), caulked like crazy all the gaps, fixed outlet plates, installed a light for our deck.

It was sooooooo cold this day. The soda bottle invention was mine. Mia was very proud of me






These, and more, occured over the time they were here but the hard work was the 2 1/2 days of fence post digging, leveling, measuring and cementing the posts for the fence. The weather was sooooo cold and windy Saturday but we got out there, scooped the water out of the holes while Colin and David finished digging them to 30 inches deep. Yes, 30 inches, so they would pass inspection from the city. It snowed over the weekend and accumulated over three days. Tuesday the weather warmed, they got the posts set and leveled and started the cement.
















There were 35 bags of concrete, each weighing 80 pounds. With the posts it took two trips.


David always loves to leave a signature when he does things. He spent a cold day in the garage putting a bit of personal touch on the fence posts. Of course, it is thoughtful and tasteful. I really like it!









One day Jack and Mia played and played with each other so nicely. It was so cute to see Mia reading to Jack while he sat in Cole's baby tub.


Jack was in heaven and was sleepy. I just love how he snuggles!

It was so much fun to have David and Debby here! We love you!

Thank you for everything you did and helped with!!

4 comments:

Crystal said...

I am incredibly impressed by the water removal invention. It reminds me of the fantastic contraption I came up with to get Matt's car doors unlocked (complete with running engine) yesterday. Chicks rock.

Also, you have the most-intelligent children, Lori. I am not even kidding. Jack and Mia are both SO SMART and Jack is quick, quick, quick too. Again, very impressed. He has a very logical, critically thinking mind. He is going to be a great scientist for sure. I can see it already.

And Cole is one of the most-gorgeous babies I have ever seen. He really is something special in the looks department. Good job with that!

Thank you for being so kind always. I am DYING to see pictures of Easter outfits! Please post them on Sunday ;-D

Anonymous said...

cool you got a lot of stuff done. Hey do you still need the tiller? I know you guys so much to do to work with it this week, but you can still came and get it when you are ready.

Colin & Lori said...

I was thinking tonight, while trying to get my kids in bed, Colin's at work, pick up and do the dishes with the laundry in the back of my mind that I was so tired and the dishes could wait and I missed having company. Thank you so much for a fun week with soooooo much help!

Melanie said...

Wow! You have been busy! I laughed when I read "ONE day Jack and Mia . . .," because I read it like it was the only day they ever got along! It was funny. Anyway, how's colin liking his residency?