Friday, February 27, 2009

Feed the Birds







We found this GREAT place to go and feed the birds. They eat right out of your hands you just have to stand there long enough and quietly enough and they hop on to your hand, grab a seed and hop right off. Colin and Mia were out there the longest and after a bit the birds were more comfortable. Both Jack and Mia had the birds hop on their hand. I went out with Mia and I had my gloves on and they came to me right away. I was certainly surprised. Maybe the gloves are less intimidating for the birds. It was a fun day, the kids had a great time. The folks that work there said it is better if you come on a cold day, the birds are looking for more food. They only do it January and February and only on Saturday's from 10-12. I can't wait to do it next year! Hint: Click on the pictures to really see the birds.

4 comments:

Rachel said...

What a fun family outing! Even Cole looks like he's having fun. What a cute smiley boy!

Lane family said...

My kids would love that! Cute pictures. Yep- Crew is totally potty trained. I think the thought of doing it, is worse than actually doing it. After potty training 3, I definitely have my own weird approach. If you want details email me (my phone doesn't work) and I'll give you my cell #. Crew wasn't at all interested when I started... and hadn't shown any "signs" of being ready. If he can do it- Jack FOR SURE can.

Crystal said...

That looks like fun!! We fed lories at Busch Gardens and that was fun, but they "eat" liquid, so the fun abruptly stopped when the lorie had to make a poopy. It was a mess. Also, I had a pet bird once, I firmly am not a fan of cockatoos now ;-) but I BET your kiddos would have loved him for about ten minutes. Finally, Cole is such a cutie! They are all cute and look so similar and different all at once. What a gorgeous family!

abbynormal said...

Do I seriously have to wait a month to see all of you?!!?