Monday, January 12, 2009

My lilttle naughty kids!

Oh little naughty kids when we have to stay home together ALL day and then Daddy goes to work I want to lock myself in the closet and not come out! For two days in a row now you have done the EXACT opposite of what I told you to do. Yesterday I went to go change Cole's blow-out diaper, again, and you were playing and Mia wanted some cups of water. Against my better judgement I filled up 4 cups of water with specific instructions to NOT MAKE A MESS. I was upstairs for about 10 minutes and came back down to water spilled on the table, carpet and kitchen floor. It was also on Jack. I got a little upset but I didn't yell and we cleaned it up. Later on I was making my bed and I heard lots of giggling. I do love giggling but you were supposed to be eating dinner so I knew that there was trouble going on. I came down to milk cups with big bubbles in them from bubbles being blown in them, milk on the table and milk on Jack. Come on, two times in the same day. Jack was on clothes change #4. Today you were better, a bit. I left to put Cole down for a nap and you were coloring at the table. I specifically said, as I walked up the stairs, "What do we color on?" You both said, "Paper." I said, "NOT the table, not our hands, not the walls, JUST PAPER." After I put Cole down and went to my room to hang out, making sure Cole would not cry, Mia came up and showed me her orange hands. She assured me she didn't color on them but that the marker just somehow got there while coloring. At least she made the effort to wash it off. She also told me Jack had drawn on the table. AHHHHHHH, I must have put the idea in his head. I went down to see marker all over the table and all over Jack's hands. I reminded him, without yelling, that I told him not to do that and now I had to take the markers away. I also had him wipe the table, thank you Crayola for your wonderful washable markers that ALWAYS wash away for me, then wash his hands. And Cole, you sweet angel, I really, really wish you would STOP BLOWING OUT YOUR DIAPER! For about a week straight, literally, he has pooped out, in a serious way. However, thank you for always doing it at home!!! I am going to buy stock in Clorox - I love their bleach pen. Maybe tomorrow will be less naughty. I love you naughty kids!!

5 comments:

Janelle said...

Okay, it feels weird to me (first time mom) to say this to you (third time mom), but I finally figured out that Julie was having so many blowouts because she had outgrown the size of diapers that we had her in. They still fit around her, but they just couldn't hold her -- um, refuse -- anymore. We got the next size up and there were no more problems.

abbynormal said...

Oh, Lori!!! I wish I didn't just start school, I'd drive up there and be the big distraction to the kids that I love to be, so you'd have a chance to just chill out and relax for a little bit.

Crystal said...

It is entertaining to read, but at the same time, I am feeling your pain. Thank goodness Valerie is mostly self-contained these days, but my goodness... you have a lot of little ones. How do you do it?

My fun (actually, flipped out crying and extremely anxious two times today) is trying to teach 7 classes, clean a house no one else even attempts to help with AND hold fussy baby who is even fussier today because of his immunizations...

PS- I was so glad we have not had blowouts lately, then there was one Saturday (lucky Abby) and another today. I wonder how he did it too- hardly any on the diaper at all- it all went straight up his back! Cloth diapers are better for that, but way too much work for me.

Colin & Lori said...

I have been contemplating going up to a size 4 but he is only 5 months and maybe 16 pounds. Mia had blowouts but not like this. Cloth diaper are just too much work for me too and I have heard that once you end up buying good quality cloth diapers and spend all the time it takes to keep them up you've spent what you would have on disposables. Granted, you can use them for the next kids. I will buy a size up when we run out. I just can't believe the pooping that goes on between Jack and Cole.

Jason and Dana said...

Dont worry our days go exactly like that. You must forget that it is opposite day. Crayons are meant for the table, the only reason milk was invented was to blow bubbles in it with a straw and cups are for dumping water out. Not drinking. But what not eating your dinner, crying when you have to put jamies on and running out the front door without shoes and a jacket. That probably only happens in our house.
Jason