Here is a quick run down of what has happened.
June 9 - Mia's last day of school.
June 10 - Norah to ENT to discuss results of her sleep study. She has mild central sleep apnea and Obstructive Sleep Apena. Found out she had a double ear infection. Treatment to clear up infection and try to shrink her adenoids to help with OSA. No fever or other signs of pain. Thank you PWS.
June 11 - Pack up moving truck. It was hot and it took ALL DAY. Carmen flew in to help the kids and I drive a few thousand miles.
June 12 - Said "Good-bye to Colin" (sniff, sniff) and headed out only an hour later than planned. Arrived in WI somewhere to stay the night. No tantrums from Cole. It might be a miracle.
June 13 - Cole, "I want to go home!!!" Let the tantrum begin. Drove to SD. We were very tired. We drove hard that day so we could spend some time seeing Mt. Rushmore.
June 14 - Went to Mt. Rushmore. I tried to get the kids to understand the awesomeness and grandure of it all but they just wanted to run up and down the rows of bleachers. The day was cold, Cole was cranky and I didn't put Norah in her pack the right way. She didn't like it. Her arms must have fallen asleep. We figured it out a little later. She was a bit happier. See pictures for a better idea. It was really a great place and we really enjoyed the 1/2 day break from the car. Drove to Billings, MT
June 15 - Last day. We stopped in Sheridan, WY, my birthplace. I don't think I have been back in the past, almost, 35 years. We arrived at my parents house in the evening. My kids were wonderful and spending 4 days with my sister was awesome! We had a great time catching-up in person instead of over the phone.
Up until July 1 we enjoyed spending time with Grandma and Grandpa Wright, playing with our cousins and getting very dirty. My kids had to take a bath pretty much every day. That's country living and they loved it. Me? Not so much!
July 1 - Colin and David arrive in Spokane. I meet them in Coeur d'Alene for a few minutes then they drove to the rental house and I went to pack-up my things from my parents house. It took me much longer than I expected and the truck was completely unloaded by the time I got there. We had a move-in party of at least 50 people. Thank you to our new ward members!! We set places to sleep, mattresses on the floor, went and got dinner and slept.
July 2 - Got up. Started packing to go out of town for the holiday weekend. Unpacked kitchen, set up the beds for our kids and left for vacation. At first I couldn't believe I was leaving when our place was such a disaster but really, it was nice to relax and come back refreshed and ready to unpack some more.
4th of July weekend - We spent some fun times with most of the Croshaw's just hanging out and catching up. It was hot but relaxing. I stayed at the cabin with Norah, Cole and Jackson for fireworks. Jackson has an aversion to loud noises. I did miss one of my favorite things ever but hey, we all have to sacrifice somethings right?
July 5 - packed up an headed back to our new home. Thankfully Colin didn't have to start work until July 19th. We have pretty much everything unpacked that has a place to go. Books are still packed. Makes me wonder if we really need them. Probably not.
July 18ish - Norah rolls over. This is something that I really thought wouldn't happen until she was maybe 9 months because of her low muscle tone. She hit that milestone right on! I am so proud of her. She now rolls and rolls across the room. Sometimes she gets tired, usually on her tummy, and just puts her head down and falls asleep. She is so funny and happy. She is such a joy!
July 20 - Norah turns 6 months old. Where did the time go?
July 22 - Visit with the new ENT doctor for Norah. We love her! She is great and on board with starting the growth hormone with a sleep monitor. Hopefully we get that after Norah's 6 month visit this next week.
July 29 - Approved for private insurance. Yahoooo. This means we don't have to pay COBRA and we will pay 1/2 the premium we thought we might have to pay with the insurance offered us through another company. Some, I repeat, some of the health care changes are great! I feel very blessed and lucky.
Today - July 31 - What a crazy year it has been already. I cannot deny the hand of God in my life as I have had to make so many adjustments and changes. Because of a loving Heavenly Father, husband, parents, in-laws, siblings and friends, we have made it this far. I have made it this far. I have done lots of changing and growing on the inside and I am glad for it. I know that what I lack my Savior makes up for. I am weak and He is strong. I have been missing my Cleveland friends and those things familiar to me but I am really having a fun time in a bigger house with family so close and new friends.
We are where we are supposed to be and Colin's new job has been great so far. We have room and would love visitors!
Pictures will be posted in a few days.
Oh yeah, in the past two weeks Cole has been potty trained! A great milestone for him. Colin and I were very dubious. He now goes all by himself and gets dressed and does all sorts of things BY HIMSELF if you know what I mean. I can't believe it! Hope I didn't just jinx it.
2 comments:
Yay for finally getting to where you planned 11 years ago. What a blessing, Lori. You really are getting what you deserve with all the blessings. You have been patient and kind and faithful in a way that requires such continual sacrifice. It is amazing that you have had such grace.
I am dying to see pictures. I think I love pictures more than anything else on this earth.
I am really interested in your Potty training method. Asher will have NOTHING to do with the potty unless it is to show off peeing and it has to be the big one- not the potty chair.
I am very familiar with the tantrums too. UGH UGH UGH.
Anyway, glad the summer is amazing. You are blessed!
Thank you for the update! It is nice to know that you are all safe and sound without any major upsets. I am glad that you have such a great ward! We miss you guys, Nathanial and Christopher have been asking about Jack and Cole. WAY TO GO NORAH!!! She is such a sweet little girl. I have never been to Northern Idaho maybe we will have to come and visit you!
Post a Comment