Wow, where do I begin. I have hit so many roadblocks with healthcare lately. I have to say, I feel greatly blessed that we have been able to get insurance outside of what was offered through Colin's work. It was so expensive!!! However, the offices around here are killing me to the point that I am about ready to bang my head against the wall and pull out all of my hair. I made an appointment about 4 weeks ago for Norah to see a pediatrician. I had to reschedule because we were in the process of being approved for our insurance. I certainly was not going to pay cash for an office visit with immunizations when I was going to have insurance 10 days later. I gave at least 24 hrs notice and rescheduled for today. I went to my appointment. I had to drive 25 min and I was maybe 3 min late. I give them my ins. info that I received on-line. The receptionist said that there should be some letters in front of it. I offered to call the insurance. I call and get all the necessary information. I take the info back up to the receptionist, she takes it and walks to the back where there are two other people. She speaks with them. comes back and tells me that because it has taken so long to get the insurance information that I am going to have to reschedule. It will just put the doctor behind practically an hour and that is just too much. "ARE YOU SERIOUS!" were the words that came out of my mouth. "Yes, that is why we tell you to come 20 minutes early." Guess what? No one told me to come 20 minutes early and it was 15min past my actual appointment time and according to the board they had it posted the doc we were supposed to see was running behind by 10 minutes. WHAT!!!???? My mind was reeling and my emotions fuming. I reached my hand out for my insurance paper. The receptionist offered to put the information in now so they would have it for our rescheduled visit. Rescheduled visit? Are you kidding me? I told her that I would be finding a different office to go to. She apologized and said some other things, she was patronizingly nice. I said that we had had this appointment scheduled for months, that this was new insurance to us and that Norah had special needs. I then walked out. I was just so furious! I couldn't believe that they wouldn't see us. I went to my car and cried, called my mom, cried, talked to my dad, cried. It is just so very frustrating!!
I went home and started to look up other pediatricians. I found one much closer to home and tried them. They won't schedule Norah until they have her records. Of course, one more thing. I don't have her records because, back in May when I requested them, they didn't get sent to me. I called June 22. They hadn't sent them yet. I called yesterday. Still not sent. I am just amazed at all of this. So, now I get to wait until I get the medical records from our pediatricians office in Cleveland via mail so I can take the records to them and then schedule an appointment for Norah. We can't start the growth hormones because she needs an apnea monitor that the ENT wouldn't write for because she doesn't see us on a regular schedule. We have to get the primary care doctor to write for it. I am so disheartened by all of this. I don't like this day and because I am irritated my kids are driving me crazy. Of course, they have sprayed water into the house twice now from the hose. Mia has been very sassy and that doesn't make it any easier. I need a vacation!
6 comments:
I'm sorry. People can be so inconsiderate. I hope all the insurance woes go away soon. What a mess. Insurance is such a blessing, but the hassles of moving and new everything are not fun.
I need a vacation with good food, a good movie, and no children. Just a single day would be wonderful. I'm frazzled! Wish we could plan one for eachother.
I send you to a warm beac- front day spa with a masseuse, a temperpedic bed and 2000 thread count sheets, chocolate, and yummy food and a huge supply of fine-jewelry making supplies...
All paid-for + tips
i can't tell you how irritated i am feeling with those 'care givers'. that would put the dr. behind by at least an hour? how do they figure that? sounds like it is not an office you want to be in anyway. hope tomorrow is better.
My job has had two effects: I'm nicer than I used to be when it comes to others performing a service role for me, AND I have really high expectations for how hard those same people should work to make things right for me, their paying customer. And your experience was just really bad form. It makes my blood boil. Shame on them. Service FAIL.
Lori,
I seem to remember that Becky has a personal friend in her ward that is a pediatrician. Give her a call.
Badly done! Badly done!
I wish I was there to help :(
Post a Comment