Thursday, August 12, 2010
A great day with Cole
I have to blog this day. I may eat my words tomorrow but for now I am going to revel in my hard work as a parent. Cole has been crazy lately, driving me crazy from the moment he gets up. He usually cries and whines until I feed him a massive breakfast. We are talking at least two bowls of cereal equal to my one, milk or juice and a few bites of my breakfast and probably a Go-gurt. The kid loves his breakfast. Mostly because he refuses to eat dinner. After breakfast he was still whining and I thought I was in for a fun day with the little dude. I decided to organize toys, I think the nesting is kicking in, it's about time, and I dumped the bucket of toys out. Why this is magic for my kids I just don't know. They go crazy with the thought of toys they haven't seen in a few weeks. Cole loved it! He played and played so well with Jack, Mia and by himself. We were upstairs and in the basement for a few hours. It was great. Cole ate lunch and went down without a fuss. He slept until almost 4pm. We went to get some school supplies and he always wants to walk. He hates the cart. I told him that he had to stay by Mommy and if he walked off he would have to get in the shopping cart. I had some serious doubts because we were in Toys R Us. He proved me wrong over and over again! It was so great!!! He followed me around the store and never ran off! I had to coax him away from a few things but it was really was impressive. I guess I have followed through enough times he knew I was serious. He was the same great listening child in Target. We came home, had dinner, which he ate, we all colored then up to bed. No fighting me or crying. I just felt so blessed or lucky or fortunate. I guess all three. Thanks for a great day my Bubba! We are making progress. Let's keep it up, okay?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sounds like a wonderful day! We all need a day like that every once in a while!
Congratulations! I didn't know you were expecting. Also, it is nice when you feel like things went smoothly with the kids. Yeah for good days!
Post a Comment