Sunday, January 24, 2010

10 years baby!

Colin and I celebrated our 10 year anniversary on January 15th. It feels good for some crazy reason. I feel like we have reached a milestone. It is certainly not even a drop in the bucket when you think of eternity but we are that much closer. It's been a fun ride. I never thought that we would go the places we have. I know Virginia and Ohio aren't exactly exciting but they have been GREAT places for us. I love that we have been away from "home" to make it on our own. It has taught me to really rely on Colin and appreciate his strengths. We went out to dinner at PF Chang's and it was delicious!!! Colin had a bit of a thin Christmas no thanks to me and trying to get everyone else's together. Next year he gets to do the running around and help out with the many homemade gifts. He does only have one person to buy for after all. I wanted to make it up to him so he got a gift certificate for a one hour massage at Massage Envy. He was certainly surprised. We watched our video from our wedding, wow, we looked young. It was a nice evening and it has been a wonderful 10 years.

Colin, thank you for sharing your forever with me. I love you!

8 comments:

Marilyn said...

Congrats! That is something to celebrate!

abbynormal said...

Wow, seriously, 10 years?! Of course that feels good! I just got an invite to my 10-year high school reunion, and I feel great about that too! It's just a good, solid number to cheer about. Especially when it's something as happy as a marriage!!

David and Debby said...

What a great little family you've made in those ten years! Congratulations, and Thank You for being exemplary. We love you both.

David and Debby said...

whenever i think of your wedding/sealing, i think of 9 or 10 of us crammed into a car about the size of a geo, with our luggage, driving into spokane!! it was a happy, happy time. what a wonderful family you have created. thank you for your great example to all of us.

Leslie said...

Congrats!! What a milestone! You're a beautiful couple and a beautiful family. Can't wait to see what the next 10 years bring you!

Melanie said...

This really is something to celebrate! 10 YEARS! That really is a long time. Happy Anniversary! Your kids are getting so big and Mia looks so old with her missing teeth!

Jason and Dana said...

Happy 10 year!!!!!! Wow, that 10 years FLEW! I love you guys!

rebeccaV said...

Oh Lori, I love all the updates! Can you believe it has already been 10 years?? That's how I felt when we had ours, like I blinked and 10 years had gone by. I'm lovin' the looks of that chocolate fountain! How fun! Mia's hair looks adorable, and she and Grace have matching shirts! Looks like you guys had some fun holidays. I also get a little sad after Christmas is over, but at the same time I'm excited to get the tree down so I don't have to fight my kids to stay away from it anymore!!