Wednesday, September 2, 2009

My Kindergartener


September 1, 2009


Here my Mia Girl is sitting in her new classroom on the first day. She was 1 of 4 girls out of the 8 kids that were there the first day. I am anxious to see how many more girls there will be. There will be a whopping 24 kids in her class. Not something I am thrilled about but hey, she already can read and she is so motivated to learn, learn, learn! I did get a bit sad while walking her in. We were holding hands and I was thinking about when she was little. Man, I miss those days!! It was so much easier on so many levels. But, they have to grow up. I am just trying to soak it all in. She took a cold lunch but after eating in the cafeteria and seeing the oven wedgies/wedges. she is all for hot lunch. I am so very happy I don't have to fix lunches!!! She was not unhappy about me leaving and because Tues. is a short day she was very upset that she didn't get to take a nap. She was even more unhappy about not being able to go Wed. Thurs. I hope her enthusiasim will be lifelong. I signed up to be a room parent. I am excited to take this task on! I am also going to take part in the PTA. I suppose I don't feel like my life is busy enough but I love the thought of being involved, especially in the community.


Well, wish me luck!


6 comments:

abbynormal said...

Aww, little Mia went and grew up and stuff! Good luck with all those new responsibilities!

Crystal said...

Mia looks enthusiastic and beautiful! Have fun with all the volunteering! I have not had the ability to do any of that for about 5 years now, but it was way fun back in the day. It is very important too! If parents are not involved, administrative points of view is all that the kids will get. Sometimes, that is really not good.

I hope Jack does just as well in pre-school!

David and Debby said...

I love her scarf, actually I totally adore that little girl. It does make me want to cry though. How did this happen so fast? She will be an enthusiastic life long learner. I hope she has a wonderful year. Love, Grandma

rebeccaV said...

What an adorable little girl!! She is going to do GREAT in school!! I love the scarf, too :) Wow, all day kindergarten, I sort of have mixed feelings about it, but I think it would've been really good for Grace. Grace's K class had 25 kids in it too, it was okay because lots of parents volunteered and helped with reading and stuff. Do they stagger the start dates for the kindergarten to give them time to adjust? That's a pretty good idea! I know what you mean about how fast they grow up. I feel like I just can't keep up, no matter how much I try to soak it all in. Time seems to be flying by faster than I can keep up with! I can't believe my baby is already 8 months old-it seems like she was just born!!

grammawright said...

Mia is beautiful just like you Lori. She loves life and learning. You will be a wonderful example as you volunteer. Time does pass quickly but it brings a lot of joy along the way. Savor the joy and the special moments.

Love,
Mom

Anonymous said...

Mia looks so confident! AHHHH, I remember Simon on his first day of school...now he is in 3rd grade and makes me hug him outside the school so his friends don't see. What are you going to do with Jack and Cole while you Volunteer?