Sunday, December 30, 2007
Blessings, blessings, blessings!
Lately I have been trying to count my blessings and I have realized that I have so many more than I thought. I was getting discouraged about Colin not receiving any invitations for radiology interviews. We had prayed about leaving the surgery pursuit and heading in the direction of radiology and we knew by the end of the day that that is what we had to do. So, we have pursued that course for the past 4 months and to no avail. It has been very frustrating. Colin did have an ER spot offered to him here, in Cleveland, at the same hospital for next year. Up side- we wouldn't have to move, Mia could stay in the same pre-school she loves so much, we wouldn't have to pack and move, we have great insurance, a nice ward, a friend or two and many more reasons. The down side - 3 more very cold winters in Cleveland and this one isn't done yet. Obviously the ups outweigh the downs. But I thought that the Lord wanted us to do radiology so where was our door? Why wasn't he giving me what we wanted? It hit me right then, I remember I was walking into my bathroom, I get what I want everyday and I am so spoiled. So I haven't gotten the million dollars yet but that's beside the point, I have a warm house, a great family and my health, blessings that I could take forever counting. I love life and am so grateful for all that I have. If we are supposed to stay here than we will and I will love it! Or at least learn to really like it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I'm sorry to hear you haven't heard back from radiology sites yet. However, be comforted in knowing that the Lord has it all planned out for your family...it's just not always in OUR timing. :-)
THanks for sharing the insight. I think we all need to count our blessings more. Adam has a great job, we are also tired of the cold weather. Good luck and keep us posted.
Thanks for finding me! Your kids have gotten so big! We miss you guys here in bburg... waiting for the Lord's time can be so hard. hang in there guys! Keep updating!
Hey Lori! It is so good to see your blog spot and catch up on how you guys are doing! The kids are getting so big! And I didn't know you were pregnant again! That's wonderful. How is everything going?
Post a Comment